Radeon 8500 64mb: Is this core/ram mhz normal?

Old June 22nd 03, 04:41 PM
Chris Wood

Default Radeon 8500 64mb: Is this core/ram mhz normal?

While we're on the subject, I have a "bulk" AIW 8500DV, and the clock
settings in there are as follows:
Core Clock: 229.50MHz
Memory Clock: 380.25MHz
This seems to be WAY below that 275MHz mark, but the memory clock is higher.
Does this sound right to you folks?

-Chris

"J.B." wrote in message
Sounds like a 8500 LE to me.
As stated before, 3.6 can easy run at 275 Mhz, it's nov even overclocked
then.
The core can do this as well.
So just up a new bios (make a copy of your old and adjust settings with
raedit), or use a software tweaker to clock higher.
You can run at retail speeds!

Nice buy!

Old June 22nd 03, 09:31 PM
J.B.

Well, you can allways try to clock higher. The core (8500) should be able to
run at
275 Mhz, if from proper quality.
Most of the times, you could easily get to this speed, if there are
artifacts, just clock a
bit slower.

Old June 22nd 03, 11:03 PM
Dodge Tom

I benchmarked this thing thru 3DMark2001, and I noticed that there were
some weird 3D lines and some purple spots in random places when oc'ed at
275/275. But those disappear and ran great at 265/265.

I've read in some forums devoted to ATI products & one of them says that
this low mhz was as result of a weak or low watt PSU. Out of curiousity I
replaced Deer 300 watts with LG 350 watts. No difference.

I found several 8500 bios and plans on flashing the updated bios for it
and see if it does 275/275 nornally.

Old June 23rd 03, 09:10 PM
Dodge Tom

Flashed it to bios 7008 (couldnt find 7009) and forgot to back up the
original!! The artifacts still there in 3DMark2001! So I used clock manager
to lower it to 250/250. Do any one of you have bios that normally does
250/250 for my Rad8500 64mb??

TIA!

Old June 24th 03, 10:35 AM
Dodge Tom

UPDATED: Used RadEdit 1.1D to edit core/ram mhz settings in bios 7004 bin to
250/250 and everythings alright!

I'm nVIDIA user with a curious mind and find ATI 8500 not bad...