Overclock 5700 (non-Ultra)

Old January 6th 04, 03:02 AM
AD

Default Overclock 5700 (non-Ultra)

Hi,
I've XFX 5700 256 (non ultra) and I would like to overclock a little bit,
what do you suggest for the increnet step by step in the clock frequency and
memory, now the settings a 300 for the clock and 500 for the memory.
thanks.
AD

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Old January 6th 04, 02:31 PM
NDF

"AD" wrote in message
Hi,
I've XFX 5700 256 (non ultra) and I would like to overclock a little bit,
what do you suggest for the increnet step by step in the clock frequency

and
memory, now the settings a 300 for the clock and 500 for the memory.
thanks.
AD

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Using the latest driver and installing "Coolbits" you can ask the driver to
automatically determine the best overclock results.

"Coolbits" can be downloaded from many sites, www.guru3d.com has them too.

Old January 7th 04, 05:21 AM
Darkfalz

"AD" wrote in message
Hi,
I've XFX 5700 256 (non ultra) and I would like to overclock a little bit,
what do you suggest for the increnet step by step in the clock frequency

and
memory, now the settings a 300 for the clock and 500 for the memory.
thanks.
AD

Overclock core first, then memory.

Co

Overclock 10 MHz at a time, running a few passes of 3DMark2001 or whatever.
If it doesn't crash, then you're good!

Memory

Once your core is as high as it will go (important to stress the memory to
the max), overclock memory 10 MHz at a time (you can start the first
overclock +100 and go up or down from there) and run the lobby part of
3DMark2001 until you see Max's face start to flicker (this one is a good
test in my experience). When it does, you know you've gone past the limit.

Future crashes/artifacts, drop down another 10 MHz for the relevant part
until you're completely stable.