Native resolution not attained

Old May 26th 07, 09:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter

Default Native resolution not attained

Return it and get a widescreen.

"Peacekeeper" wrote in message
That sounds strange as I purchsed mine last Fall and it has version 2
Dated 8/25/2005. I tried the "Update driver" and it came up with
version 2, but a date of 2/5/2007

The site says version 1 but when u install it windows shows version 2.
Tried
the update driver option says upto date

Really this sounds more like RMA time it is only 2 days old...

I removed the driver for the panel and the monitor was then a generic
panel the resolutions are exactly the same as whaen the DVI driver for the
panel is installed seems not to be reading the details correctly.
reinstalled the digital driver and same issue. Sigh

Old May 26th 07, 10:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peacekeeper[_3_]

Son is happy with this size I have a 22:WS and prefers the 1600 resolution
of this 20"
Agreed time to stir samsung.
thanks all for your comments

Old May 26th 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger (K8RI)

On Sat, 26 May 2007 09:11:06 GMT, "Peacekeeper"
wrote:

Son is happy with this size I have a 22:WS and prefers the 1600 resolution
of this 20"
Agreed time to stir samsung.
thanks all for your comments

I'm using the 226BW (22" wide screen) at native resolution on this
machine which sets right beside the one using the 204BW.
I much prefer the 226BW and have had excellent results for the 3
months I've had it. It's both brighter and has better contrast than
the 204B. The prices have dropped dramaticaly compared to when I
purchased the 204B last Fall.

Old May 28th 07, 11:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
McG.

"Peacekeeper" wrote in message
My son has a new Samsung 204b lcd monitor and via DVI the PC (with XP) is
not recognizing the monitors native resolution of 1600*1200. Nvidia
control panel shows native res as 1280*1024 for some reason.

He runs a 7900gs card and I have confirmed this occurring also on my Pc
with a 8800GTX card and Vista

We have tried 3 different video divers, 2 different DVI cables and still
cannot see the native res.

On vga/analogue cable the res shows up.

Any1 seen this happen before and if so what is the cause/solution.
tony

No, I'm running 2 Samsung 204B's on DVI from one of two 7800GTX cards under
XP Pro x64, nvidia driver 91.47. I run both monitors in 1600x1200 all the
time and DualView. Haven't had a problem at all.
McG.

Old May 30th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peacekeeper[_3_]

Update
Samsung supplied new replacement monitor and it immediately allows the
native resolution on DVI. Good service Samsung in replacing it in 2 days.