s3 resume from ram followup

Old October 30th 06, 10:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter

Default s3 resume from ram followup

Hi
In suspend to ram I have about 4 normal resumes to every cold restart.
Sometimes it shuts itself off when I try to resume on my home blt computer.
It doesnt seem to be any chipset videocard or monitor drivers or
powersupply. Baring a format and reinstall since a xp upgrade didnt
help.Could this be from the mobo itself. If I get a new mobo upgrade and
processor I could still have the same problem. Any comments about this?
Thanks

Old November 1st 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Fitz

Mine wouldn't resume from suspend to RAM also, which was the default
BIOS setting.
I changed it to Suspend to Power, and haven't had a problem. I wouldn't
mind if
someone could tell me exactly what the difference in how the computer
saves/stores
data is between the two.

Fitz
Old November 1st 06, 03:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter

suspend to ram is a low power state everthing off but ram. if i use suspend
to power or whatever its called all my fans stay on and it is pointless. I
have changed power scheem to allways on from desktop and will try it.