Quake 3 Engine Games and AIW 9800

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 25th 03, 03:49 AM
Mandark Astronomenoth

Default Quake 3 Engine Games and AIW 9800

Hello all,

Recently made the switch from nVidia to ATI, and bought an All In Wonder
9800 today (retail). I'm having an odd problem with Quake 3 engine based
games now, and I was hoping someone may have had some experience with it. I
always have autorun turned on in these games, but for some reasons after the
AIW install, autorun is off (although it says it's on in the game settings).
If I hit SHIFT (the autorun toggle button), I can run UNTIL I pressmore than
one direction key at the same time. In other words, if I'm using my arrow
keys for my forward. back, starfe left and strafe right, autorun stays on as
long as I'm only pressing one of the keys. Of course this means any time I
turn, I go back to walk, because I've pressed the forward and one of the
stafe keys as the same time.

This is happening in Quake 3, Elite Force and Elite Force II. Can anyone
point me in the right direction for a solution?

Thanks,

-Mandark