CUV4X + HD greater than 32 GB

Old November 28th 03, 12:20 PM
Michael Schmitt

Default CUV4X + HD greater than 32 GB

Hi,

I have a ASUS CUV4X motherboard and try to use a IBM IC35L060AVVA07-0 (60
GB) hard disk.
When limiting the capacity to 32 GB via jumpers everything works fine
(except that only 32gb are accessable).
When trying to use the whole capacity, the HD will not be recognized by the
motherboard.

According to the german website of Asus, the motherboard should support hard
drives up to 128 GB with the latest final version of the BIOS. But neither
with that final version nor with the latest beta version of the BIOS my hard
disk was recognized by the motherboard.

Any idea?

bye,
michael

Old November 28th 03, 09:06 PM
Arwin Vosselman

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:20:00 +0100, Michael Schmitt wrote:

I have a ASUS CUV4X motherboard and try to use a IBM IC35L060AVVA07-0 (60
GB) hard disk.
When limiting the capacity to 32 GB via jumpers everything works fine
(except that only 32gb are accessable).
When trying to use the whole capacity, the HD will not be recognized by the
motherboard.

According to the german website of Asus, the motherboard should support hard
drives up to 128 GB with the latest final version of the BIOS. But neither
with that final version nor with the latest beta version of the BIOS my hard
disk was recognized by the motherboard.

Any idea?

Try another harddisk. At least 40GB is working fine for me.
--
Arwin.
Old November 29th 03, 03:23 PM
Egil Solberg

"Michael Schmitt" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a ASUS CUV4X motherboard and try to use a IBM IC35L060AVVA07-0 (60
GB) hard disk.
When limiting the capacity to 32 GB via jumpers everything works fine
(except that only 32gb are accessable).
When trying to use the whole capacity, the HD will not be recognized by

the
motherboard.

According to the german website of Asus, the motherboard should support

hard
drives up to 128 GB with the latest final version of the BIOS. But neither
with that final version nor with the latest beta version of the BIOS my

hard
disk was recognized by the motherboard.

Any idea?

Place it correctly on the IDE cable and jumper accordingly as master/slave.
I have had no such problems on my CUV4X with IBM drives.

Old November 29th 03, 07:54 PM
Crypto

wrote:

Hi,

I have a ASUS CUV4X motherboard and try to use a IBM IC35L060AVVA07-0 (60
GB) hard disk.
When limiting the capacity to 32 GB via jumpers everything works fine
(except that only 32gb are accessable).
When trying to use the whole capacity, the HD will not be recognized by the
motherboard.

According to the german website of Asus, the motherboard should support hard
drives up to 128 GB with the latest final version of the BIOS. But neither
with that final version nor with the latest beta version of the BIOS my hard
disk was recognized by the motherboard.

Any idea?

bye,
michael

This should work. I have a CUV4X and am running a WD800JB on it as a
primary and the BIOS sees the whole 80Gig without any issue. It
worked fine with large drives will all versions of the BIOS I ever had
although I am on the final one now.

I have had 120 Gig IBM drives on it as well and they were also
recognized as full size.

Old November 30th 03, 01:20 PM
Michael Schmitt

Hi,
well, I must apologize ...
I've simply been too stupid to put the jumpers correctly.
Just at the moment I wanted to give up, I recognized
that I always put the jumpers at the wrong places.
I am sorry for causing inconvinience and try to be more
attentive the next time.
bye,
michael