Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

Old August 27th 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Default Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

Shawk wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
root wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:

The P815 has BNC connectors, which do not use EDID data and
thusly install as the default monitor and can have any
resolution refresh rate or timing you choose.

Have you ever heard of crippling your hardware to be a solution?

I found a spec sheet here, and it does list two inputs. 5 x BNC and
a VGA connector. So the monitor has two inputs listed.

http://web.archive.org/web/199902241...5/P815SPEC.HTM

To use BNC, which has no EDID, you'd need a BNC to VGA. My old
Trinitron came
with such a cable. The cable looks similar to this, with VGA on
one end,
and five BNC on the other end, for RGBHV. I didn't realize the
P815 was
that old.

http://www.computercableinc.com/ccin...GB-CCStore.jpg

Paul
Good idea, I forgot about the bnc connectors, I have the cable
around here somewhere. All I crippled was an extra adapter plug I
wasn't using anyway, and I am satisfied with the results so far.
The big regret is the week I burnt up on this. Tech support from
evga and nvidia don't seem to have a clue about this problem. The
last thing I got from them was they wanted to rma the card.

Media player and media center won't play a dvd because of this
hack (I think), but I have something else for that.

Are you getting the issue because there has been a hardware
'change' that the DRM is designed to look for and doesn't like? In
which case you just go to your DRM folder in Vista and delete
everything in there. New copies of the files are then generated
for your 'new' hardware.

I hope its this simple.

Simple? Nonsense, if you have to fight DRM to get your hardware to
work, then your OS isn't for you.

Anyone who uses Vista this late in the game, with all the facts
available as to Vistas weaknesses and strengths deserves their
headaches.

Vista is designed to thwart you, not aid you...once you get your
head wrapped around that concept, you begin to appreciate other user
oriented OSes all the more.

While I respect your views on a number of subjects your view on Vista
is at least one service pack out of date.

Vista's SP1 did nothing for this topic, my points are still topical
and the end result is end user disappointment/frustration/disgust/in
search of other solutions.

By your own straw argument your first para was 'topical'. The other two
were neither 'topical' nor factual.

Don't be disingenuous, you have zero chance of convincing anyone in
this NG of Vista's superiority or even parity to alternative OS
solutions, even without the over-arching DRM deal-breaker.

"Disingenuous - Adjective - lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity;
falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere"

I'm none of those but at least you spelled it correctly. Neither am I
trying to convince anyone in this ng of anything but how to potentially
fix a problem. And I couldn't give a **** whether other people like
Vista or not. Unlike you it seems.

Feel free to have the last word - it'll probably matter more to you than
me.

Don't be that way, I'm not attacking you, though often times threads can
have the *illusion* of being a personal attack and if I were doing
something so irrational and pointless shame on me. I'll attack incorrect
positions to my hearts content and I hope you will too.

I'll take the last word you kindly offer as your tacit agreement that my
views on Vista are not the least bit out of date and SP1 does nothing
for the OP's issue and also properly credit you for not defending Vista,
you were just trying to be helpful.

Old August 27th 08, 10:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
news
[...]

By the way, if any current nvidia/msft/studio employees are in this
thread your paid opinions are noted. Now STFU and GBTW.

STFU I get, but Go Bugger The Wife?

Old August 27th 08, 11:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk[_2_]

DRS wrote:
"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
news
[...]

By the way, if any current nvidia/msft/studio employees are in this
thread your paid opinions are noted. Now STFU and GBTW.

STFU I get, but Go Bugger The Wife?

Get back to work... but I prefer your first option

clone mode pwwatson Nvidia Videocards 0 September 11th 04 09:03 PM
NVidia GeForce FX Go5600 in clone mode pwwatson Nvidia Videocards 0 September 1st 04 09:06 PM
Overlay -> Clone mode options, Theater mode 4:3 or 16:9 (catalyst 3.8) Vellu Ati Videocards 0 October 27th 03 06:03 PM
res on TV with Clone mode? River Nvidia Videocards 1 September 24th 03 12:24 PM
I can't seem to get into clone mode Not so quick Ati Videocards 4 August 27th 03 02:20 PM