passive cooling?

Old October 26th 04, 09:44 AM
Christo

Default passive cooling?

http://overclock.co.uk/customer/prod...58&cat=&page=1

is that a CPU heatsink that will cool your AMD skt A CPU without a fan?

if I am correct... is it as good as a fan or does no one know?

--
Thanks,

Chris.

Old October 26th 04, 11:56 AM
Cuzman

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...t_SilentTower/

http://www.systemcooling.com/tt_tower-01.html

http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews3/silent-tower.html

http://www.legionhardware.com/html/doc.php?id=298

http://www.modthebox.com/review326_1.shtml

http://www.pcextreme.net/tt_silent_tower.php

Old October 26th 04, 04:33 PM
Vanguardx

"Christo"
wrote in :
http://overclock.co.uk/customer/prod...58&cat=&page=1

is that a CPU heatsink that will cool your AMD skt A CPU without a
fan?
if I am correct... is it as good as a fan or does no one know?

Did you click the link at the bottom of the sales ad to see the
ThermalTake specifications? Bet not; else, you would have seen that the
item DOES include a fan (optionally it can have TWO fans). Bet you also
didn't read the product description in the sales ads, either, which
says, "90x90x25mm fan, multi-directional air intake".

Old October 26th 04, 04:36 PM
Christo

"Vanguardx" see_signature wrote in message
"Christo"
wrote in :
http://overclock.co.uk/customer/prod...58&cat=&page=1

is that a CPU heatsink that will cool your AMD skt A CPU without a
fan?
if I am correct... is it as good as a fan or does no one know?

Did you click the link at the bottom of the sales ad to see the
ThermalTake specifications? Bet not; else, you would have seen that the
item DOES include a fan (optionally it can have TWO fans). Bet you also
didn't read the product description in the sales ads, either, which says,
"90x90x25mm fan, multi-directional air intake".

--

i did read the item description, just never clicked the link, i wasnt too
sure though, thought it would be a good topic to raise as well, seen as

thanks for pointing that out though