Best PCI-E passive cooling card (Single slot)

Old August 27th 08, 09:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

Default Best PCI-E passive cooling card (Single slot)

I'm putting a new system together and looking for a new Video card, it will
be going in an Asus P5Q Pro and running along side a quad 6600 of some
description, but i'm not into gaming in a huge way but would like to get the
best passively cooled card i can that takes up just a single slot, as i say
not a huge gamer just want half decent card for new system.

TIA

Old August 27th 08, 09:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

Jim wrote:
I'm putting a new system together and looking for a new Video card, it will
be going in an Asus P5Q Pro and running along side a quad 6600 of some

Do you need 4 cores?? E8600 may suit you better than Q6600...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.2
Old August 27th 08, 02:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
I'm putting a new system together and looking for a new Video card, it
will be going in an Asus P5Q Pro and running along side a quad 6600 of
some

Do you need 4 cores?? E8600 may suit you better than Q6600...

--

Given i do a fair amout of video encoding (mpg to avi and DVD9 to DVD5's and
avi's) then it would seem that quad is my best bet.

Old August 28th 08, 09:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

Do you need 4 cores?? E8600 may suit you better than Q6600...
Given i do a fair amout of video encoding (mpg to avi and DVD9 to DVD5's and
avi's) then it would seem that quad is my best bet.

More cores don't always mean faster program execution. It does improve
multi-tasking. I don't know how often you play with video or photos, but
a higher FSB might be better than more cores.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.2
^ ^ 16:52:01 up 21 days 1:04 3 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00
? ? (CSSA):