Leadtek A400gt Fan not spinning?

Old April 22nd 05, 11:05 PM
jimbo

Default Leadtek A400gt Fan not spinning?

Just bought a Leadtek A400GT TDH (256mb 6800gt).
When I switch my PC on the fan doesn't spin, is this by design, does it only
spin when needed or have I got a faulty card? (and yes I have the power
connector connected)

I haven't tried to run the system with it, I can't wait to install and try
it but I'm too scared it will fry. I have only switched it on twice to check
it.

Any help welcome?

Old April 23rd 05, 11:45 AM
Sandi Luney

jimbo wrote:
Just bought a Leadtek A400GT TDH (256mb 6800gt).
When I switch my PC on the fan doesn't spin, is this by design, does it only
spin when needed or have I got a faulty card? (and yes I have the power
connector connected)

I haven't tried to run the system with it, I can't wait to install and try
it but I'm too scared it will fry. I have only switched it on twice to check
it.

Any help welcome?

Sounds like it could be faulty. I have a 6800GT and the fan comes on
instantly as it has done with every other card i've owned. I guess you
could always try a fan from an old card if you have one spare but that
doesnt really help if the old fan spins up and works.

I'd say you may have to get another card.

Sandi
Old April 23rd 05, 08:37 PM
RJT

jimbo wrote:
Just bought a Leadtek A400GT TDH (256mb 6800gt).
When I switch my PC on the fan doesn't spin, is this by design, does it only
spin when needed or have I got a faulty card? (and yes I have the power
connector connected)

I haven't tried to run the system with it, I can't wait to install and try
it but I'm too scared it will fry. I have only switched it on twice to check
it.

I have a Leadtek 6800GT TDH (PCIe), and it's fan is definately spinning
as soon as power goes on. Actually, it's spins at a lower rate when the
WinXP drivers are loaded, as these seem to monitor temp and adjust the
speed - very nice feature, as it is the loudest fan in my system, and I
can do office stuff without the noise, and I always play games with a
headphones on, so then it doesn't bother me.

So it should spin on boot. I'd check if the powerlead from the fan is
properly connected, and if the card is properly seated in the slot. If
so, it's probably faulty, so you'd best get it replaced. I wouldn't run
the system without a working fan on that card, it definately needs one.

Leadtek A400 TDH 6800 (non ultra) vs Shuttle SN85G4v2 Mirek Fídler Nvidia Videocards 4 October 1st 04 07:02 PM
Any Suggestions - Leadtek or MSI 5900XT Wookie Nvidia Videocards 18 April 20th 04 02:47 AM
Leadtek Winfast A350 TDH LX (FX5900) a few questions Dan Dan Nvidia Videocards 0 January 7th 04 06:26 PM
Harddisk spinning noise Shep© General 9 October 19th 03 10:07 PM
Leadtek A280 Ti 4800 Drivers Rebooting WinXp Justin McLaren General Hardware 0 July 13th 03 04:12 PM