Fastest AGP card?

Old January 11th 06, 10:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Fastest AGP card?

Hi

What's the fastest AGP card at the moment? I was thinking of going for an
FX5900 Ultra for a little while until 7800 prices come down. Any good?

--
What is everyone raving about?
https://profits4investingtoo.com/?ref=jafar00

Old January 11th 06, 11:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2006-01-11, Jafar As-Sadiq Calley wrote:

Hi

What's the fastest AGP card at the moment? I was thinking of going for an
FX5900 Ultra for a little while until 7800 prices come down. Any good?

Didn't think they were making an AGP version of the 7800.

I _think_ the fatest AGP card is the 6800Ultra.

My Realm: http://www.myrealm.co.uk/
LO http://lore.myrealm.co.uk/
'Drink up. The worlds about to end.'
Old January 11th 06, 03:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

What's the fastest AGP card at the moment? I was thinking of going for an
FX5900 Ultra for a little while until 7800 prices come down. Any good?

Fastest AGP? 6800 XT or Ultra - no sense going down to the 5000 series GPUs
that are much older...

Old January 11th 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

6800 GT OC or the 6800 Ultra.

Fitz

Old January 12th 06, 01:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Fitz" wrote in message
6800 GT OC or the 6800 Ultra.

They're the fasted nvidia AGP cards. Not the fasted AGP cards available
though.

Dan

Old January 12th 06, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:41:57 +0000, Daniel wrote:

"Fitz" wrote in message
6800 GT OC or the 6800 Ultra.

They're the fasted nvidia AGP cards. Not the fasted AGP cards available
though.

Dan

Thanks all for your replies.

I think a vanilla 6800 will do for a few weeks then I can give it to my
son.
Dan I know there are faster AGP cards perhaps, but Nvidia has the best
driver support for linux which is my OS of choice