Canon i950 and 6.25" x 9" paper (greeting cards)

Old October 16th 03, 07:33 PM
esrade

Default Canon i950 and 6.25" x 9" paper (greeting cards)

Okay, this might be a very stupid question but I'm having trouble
getting my Canon i950 to print cards on 6.25" x 9" card stock (Red
River paper). Is this a software thing or a printer thing? I tried
setting custom sizes but it keeps printing incorrectly and it's
getting frussssstrating.

Has anyone printed this size on the i950?

Thanks.
Old October 16th 03, 10:51 PM
Ron Cohen

I have an s820 and can print any size stock on it up to the limits of the
printer. What software are you using?
--
Ron Cohen

"esrade" wrote in message
om...
Okay, this might be a very stupid question but I'm having trouble
getting my Canon i950 to print cards on 6.25" x 9" card stock (Red
River paper). Is this a software thing or a printer thing? I tried
setting custom sizes but it keeps printing incorrectly and it's
getting frussssstrating.

Has anyone printed this size on the i950?

Thanks.

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Old October 19th 03, 02:15 AM
Jon Noble

I use the 6.25x9" card stock from Red River on my i9100. I use PhotoShop for
printing. In the driver, (from Print menu), simply select Custom size and
set it to 6.25 x 9 or 9 x 6.25 depending on whether you are printing a
vertical format or horizontal format card. Seemed pretty easy. (Of course,
I specified 6.25x9 canvas size in PhotoShop at my desired ppi before I built
the card.)

What problems are you having?

-Jon

om...

Old October 19th 03, 03:22 AM
Wolf Kirchmeir

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:15:44 GMT, Jon Noble wrote:

=in the driver, (from Print menu),

???????

Do you mean the Print menu in the application, or the
printer object's Properties settings? They aren't the same.
The one will set a page size only for the application in
which it is set. The other will create a new page size that
AFAIK all applications can use. But the options and
possibilities are not the same. With wordprocessors, for
example, you can define any paper size you want, within the
physical (=printable) limits of the printer. With the
printers I know, you can modify only such things as minimum
margins (which has the same effect as changing the paper
size, since it changes the printable area.)

So it matters where you set page sizes.

--
Wolf Kirchmeir
If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on the train?

Old October 19th 03, 04:58 AM
Jon Noble

I'm talking in the driver. Properties. Not the application. Sorry for the
confusion.
Only the i9100 driver doesn't remember the custom settings so they have to
be set for the session each day you need a custom size.

-Jon

mpatico.ca...

Old October 19th 03, 10:51 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:58:24 GMT, Jon Noble wrote:

=I'm talking in the driver. Properties. Not the application. Sorry for the
=confusion.
=Only the i9100 driver doesn't remember the custom settings so they have to
=be set for the session each day you need a custom size.
=
=-Jon

OK, that's the Printer Object. (It's not the "driver," BTW,
because you can install different drivers for the same
printer. When you update a driver, that's exactly what you
do - install a different driver.)

Also, from the phrase "each day you need the custom size,"
I take it that after the custom size has been printed, the
printer properties are reset to standard paper.

Now, how do you set up that custom size? Do you "Create
Custom Paper", for example? Or do you just set the margins
so that the printable area is the size of your greeting
card? If the former, then AFAIK, you must give the custom
size a name before you can Save it. If the latter, the
settings will be lost as soon as you reset the printer to
standard 8.5x11" paper.

That's as far as my knowledge reaches. Hope it at least
gives you a clue on how to proceed.