canon i950 print head Clean??

Old June 30th 04, 03:57 PM
Michael Bonnycastle

Default canon i950 print head Clean??

Has anyone found a way to clear the one of the plugged up colors on
this print head, Canon i950? I am going through my bimonthly head
clogging, photo Cyan this time. Went through the whole battery of
head cleanings to no avail, called Canon and performed their recommends,
making things much worse, banding much worse, Photo cyan still plugged up
good. So, the good part is they are sending out a replacement head again,
but in two months, this thing is out of warranty...then it will be, buy
a new head, or a new printer. This is my second printer of this model,
so I know it is a problem with it....

Thanks,
Mike
Old June 30th 04, 05:42 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Michael Bonnycastle wrote:
Has anyone found a way to clear the one of the plugged up colors on
this print head, Canon i950? I am going through my bimonthly head
clogging, photo Cyan this time. Went through the whole battery of
head cleanings to no avail, called Canon and performed their
recommends, making things much worse, banding much worse, Photo cyan
still plugged up good. So, the good part is they are sending out a
replacement head again, but in two months, this thing is out of
warranty...then it will be, buy
a new head, or a new printer. This is my second printer of this
model, so I know it is a problem with it....

Thanks,
Mike

What about a cleaning cart? Always worked for my old Epsons.

Old June 30th 04, 08:31 PM
SleeperMan

Michael Bonnycastle typed:

Has anyone found a way to clear the one of the plugged up colors on
this print head, Canon i950? I am going through my bimonthly head
clogging, photo Cyan this time. Went through the whole battery of
head cleanings to no avail, called Canon and performed their
recommends, making things much worse, banding much worse, Photo cyan
still plugged up good. So, the good part is they are sending out a
replacement head again, but in two months, this thing is out of
warranty...then it will be, buy
a new head, or a new printer. This is my second printer of this
model, so I know it is a problem with it....

Thanks,
Mike

Did you ask in the one of stores, which sells refill inks - they usually
have cleaning solution, then you soak the head in it (hope it helps).

Old June 30th 04, 10:00 PM
colinco

In article , mcastle70
@aol.com says...
This is my second printer of this model,
so I know it is a problem with it....

What sort of duty cycle are you working the printer?
I've seen some posts that link overheating with clogging.
Old July 1st 04, 02:04 PM
Michael Bonnycastle

colinco wrote in message .. .
In article , mcastle70
@aol.com says...
This is my second printer of this model,
so I know it is a problem with it....

What sort of duty cycle are you working the printer?
I've seen some posts that link overheating with clogging.

Actually when I received my first print head, I was printing everyday
maybe 35 photos...then it eased back to a few a day, and I hadn't used
it every day the last couple weeks, but at least every other day. I
think a combination of the hot weather here and the nature of this
beast are the reasons, it's exactly what happened to the print head
prior to this one...so I'll probably go ahead and buy an i960 when
this next new print head dumps...I havn't heard Epson's are any
better,and when the printer is working, it's great. Excepting the
lack of any archival inks being available, hopefully Canon will get
with the program on this soon. Will pursue the soaking method if
possible... Thanks..
Mike