problems running PC3200 on my K8V SE Deluxe Mobo

Old August 10th 04, 10:29 PM
Nikko

Default problems running PC3200 on my K8V SE Deluxe Mobo

So I just replaced 1 gig of PC2700 RAM with 1 gig of PC3200 RAM on my K8V SE
Deluxe mobo. In both cases it was 2 Micron 512 MB sticks, by the way. After
running PCMark 04, my score actually dropped 400 points with the newer,
supposedly faster RAM. I did a benchmark in AIDA32 as well, and my PC3200
memory landed right in the middle of a bunch of PC2700 RAM benchmarks. I put
the two sticks in the first two slots on my mobo i.e. the blue slot and the
slot next to it. It's my understanding these are the two slots to use to run
at 400 Mhz. I know the memory itself fine, because I just swapped out of
another machine I have. Any ideas on what gives? Would appreciate some help.
Thanks.

Old August 10th 04, 10:55 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:29:23 +0000, Nikko wrote:

So I just replaced 1 gig of PC2700 RAM with 1 gig of PC3200 RAM on my K8V SE
Deluxe mobo. In both cases it was 2 Micron 512 MB sticks, by the way. After
running PCMark 04, my score actually dropped 400 points with the newer,
supposedly faster RAM. I did a benchmark in AIDA32 as well, and my PC3200
memory landed right in the middle of a bunch of PC2700 RAM benchmarks. I put
the two sticks in the first two slots on my mobo i.e. the blue slot and the
slot next to it. It's my understanding these are the two slots to use to run
at 400 Mhz. I know the memory itself fine, because I just swapped out of
another machine I have. Any ideas on what gives? Would appreciate some help.
Thanks.

Have you looked in the BIOS to see if the machine knows that it's PC3200?
Old August 10th 04, 11:20 PM
Chris Stolworthy

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news
[...]

Just got the user manual online, and it says in the manual to use the blue
slots first otherwise you can cause memroy sizing errors, as well as memory
speed errors.

HTH
-Chris

Old August 10th 04, 11:40 PM
Nikko

"Chris Stolworthy" wrote in message

[...]

Well, there is only one blue slot and then two beige slots next to it. I'm
using the blue slot and the one right next to it. That's what the manual
says to use for 400 MHz.

problems with my AMD 64 3200+ & Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard Nikko General 5 August 3rd 04 12:17 PM
Memory - compatible with Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo Steve Schooler General 2 May 28th 04 08:16 AM
Mobo problems Lews-Therin General 3 April 26th 04 01:32 AM
RAM or mobo problems? AMK General 7 November 15th 03 07:14 AM
Peculiar RAM problems with an old Asus mobo setup?!? Darth Joules General 7 October 16th 03 07:48 PM