FX 5900 vs ATI x800 Pro

Old July 20th 04, 10:11 PM
Augustus

Default FX 5900 vs ATI x800 Pro

"Cole Turner" wrote in message
which one would you prefer?

An X800 Pro will outperform an FX5900 by a large amount. The X800 series is
on the same level as the 6800 series Nvidia cards.

Old July 21st 04, 12:30 AM
DaveW

You have not offered a fair comparison. The new x800 Pro is Several times
faster than the older 5900! Did you mean to compare the x800 Pro to
Nvidia's 6800?

--
DaveW

"Cole Turner" wrote in message
which one would you prefer?

(putting aside the issue with ATI's drivers ...)

I am interested not only in performance at 1280 x 1024 at 4 x AA but
also in power comsumption!

always loving NVidia, the 5900 is supposed to gobble up lots of juice!

thanks guys!
--
Elaine Dickinson: "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope
you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. --- By the way,

Old July 21st 04, 04:50 AM
LILfeatha

yep, but i was just talkin to a guy from the forums of www.pcmech.com
and once i get this card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-051&depa=0
hes going to teach me how to make it a 5950 ultra.. so then it wont
outrun it by that much.. muhaha

Old July 21st 04, 07:40 AM
Mal

"LILfeatha" wrote in message
om...
yep, but i was just talkin to a guy from the forums of www.pcmech.com
and once i get this card:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-051&depa=0
hes going to teach me how to make it a 5950 ultra.. so then it wont
outrun it by that much.. muhaha

you think that your hacked 5900xt will be anywhere near the performance of a
6800?!??!

ROFL!!!

Old July 21st 04, 09:38 AM
Stoneskin

LILfeatha left a note on my windscreen which said:

yep, but i was just talkin to a guy from the forums of www.pcmech.com
and once i get this card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-051&depa=0
hes going to teach me how to make it a 5950 ultra.. so then it wont
outrun it by that much.. muhaha

I would be very wary of such a claim.

--
Stoneskin