Catalyst AI

Old October 18th 04, 10:15 PM
Jeff Alicea

Default Catalyst AI

I installed the 4.10 drivers with the control center. After reading
everything about system slowing, etc with control center installed, I went
back to the control panel. However, now I don't have the Catalyst AI
option.

Do the potential improvements due to AI outweigh any slowness of my system
during boot etc from control center?

My system:

WinXP Pro SP2
P4 2.8 ghz
1gb ram
Radeon X800 Pro

Thanks.

Jeff

Old October 19th 04, 02:16 PM
Gareee©

"Jeff Alicea" wrote in message
I installed the 4.10 drivers with the control center. After reading
everything about system slowing, etc with control center installed, I went
back to the control panel. However, now I don't have the Catalyst AI
option.

Do the potential improvements due to AI outweigh any slowness of my system
during boot etc from control center?

I'm kinda curious myself.. from the description, I thought the AI was
"always on", and I have no option to enable it either.

I really don;t want to install the control cener, just for that one feature
though.

Maybe the omega version will include it?

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:

Old October 19th 04, 08:05 PM
Pluvious

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:16:32 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

"Jeff Alicea" wrote in message
I installed the 4.10 drivers with the control center. After reading
everything about system slowing, etc with control center installed, I went
back to the control panel. However, now I don't have the Catalyst AI
option.

Do the potential improvements due to AI outweigh any slowness of my system
during boot etc from control center?

I'm kinda curious myself.. from the description, I thought the AI was
"always on", and I have no option to enable it either.

I really don;t want to install the control cener, just for that one feature
though.

Maybe the omega version will include it?

Yes, the Omega version of 4.9b's have it. The reason Jeff doesn't have
the AI option is because you have to have NET 1.1 installed as well.
Omegas does NOT need this installed however and I would STRONGLY
suggest you get Omega's latest version.

Pluvious

Old October 20th 04, 12:39 AM
Aki Peltola

Have I got this right: Catalyst AI is exceptionally useful in
case where there's lot of CPU-power and Radeon starts
to act a bottleneck? Like some cpu cycles are used to
optimize faster ways of processing textures etc.?

Old October 20th 04, 02:01 AM
Don Burnette

Aki Peltola wrote:
Have I got this right: Catalyst AI is exceptionally useful in
case where there's lot of CPU-power and Radeon starts
to act a bottleneck? Like some cpu cycles are used to
optimize faster ways of processing textures etc.?

Check out http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2220

Has some good reading and explanations on what Catalyst AI does.

I don't know if it would make any difference in the games I run, I don't run
Quake, Doom , or UT. I do racing sims and flight sims.

I am interested now that I have read it. I have yet to install the CCC, I
have stuck with the control panel, but I may give it a go now and see how it
does.

--
Don Burnette

Old October 20th 04, 03:05 AM
Jeff Alicea

I actually do have Net 1.1 installed. I installed it when I went to install
the Control Center initially. I have since uninstalled Control Center and
went back to control panel. It is under control panel that I do not have
access to the AI option. I did have the AI option when I had Control Center
installed.

Am I wrong about this? Should I have AI available under the control panel?

Jeff

Old October 20th 04, 06:45 PM
Pluvious

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:05:46 -0400, "Jeff Alicea"
wrote:

I actually do have Net 1.1 installed. I installed it when I went to install
the Control Center initially. I have since uninstalled Control Center and
went back to control panel. It is under control panel that I do not have
access to the AI option. I did have the AI option when I had Control Center
installed.

Am I wrong about this? Should I have AI available under the control panel?

Jeff

Hmm.. I would have sworn you hadn't Net 1.1 installed. Not sure why
its not working for you now. You might want to check this forum since
ATI techs and Omega himself post the

www.Driverheaven.net

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/CCC/
http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/atiop/