GA-P35-DQ6 flash failure

Old May 18th 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
mark

Default GA-P35-DQ6 flash failure

Anyone have a resolve as how update the bios part. I get flash failure when
it starts to verify flash on the first block with this board GA-P35-DQ6.
I have tried the floppy method , the windows method.
Is there a way of forcing the write to the eeprom
Any ideas be appreciated

Regards Mark C

Old May 18th 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Tim S.[_3_]

"mark" mk wrote in message
Anyone have a resolve as how update the bios part. I get flash failure
when it starts to verify flash on the first block with this board
GA-P35-DQ6.
I have tried the floppy method , the windows method.
Is there a way of forcing the write to the eeprom
Any ideas be appreciated

Regards Mark C

First make sure you have the correct BIOS.
Second before you flash go into the BIOS and set to Optimized Defaults.
Next hit f-8 that will start Q-Flash and make sure you have the BIOS flash
installed by itself on the floopy. Next flash it and you should be good to
go.

I have the P35-DS4 but it should be the same procedure.

Hope that helps! YMMV

Tim

Old May 19th 08, 02:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Andy

On Mon, 19 May 2008 02:07:03 +0800, "mark" mk wrote:

Anyone have a resolve as how update the bios part. I get flash failure when
it starts to verify flash on the first block with this board GA-P35-DQ6.
I have tried the floppy method , the windows method.
Is there a way of forcing the write to the eeprom
Any ideas be appreciated

According to the manual, the board has dual BIOS. If the main BIOS is
damaged, the backup BIOS is supposed to kick in and restore the main
BIOS.

Regards Mark C

Old May 21st 08, 12:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Tim S.[_3_]

"mark" mk wrote in message
Anyone have a resolve as how update the bios part. I get flash failure
when it starts to verify flash on the first block with this board
GA-P35-DQ6.
I have tried the floppy method , the windows method.
Is there a way of forcing the write to the eeprom
Any ideas be appreciated

Regards Mark C

Mark, It's been a few days and haven't heard back from you. Was the flash
successful?

Tim