problems with AMD K6 upgrade

Old July 28th 03, 10:57 PM
Marcin Konopka

Default problems with AMD K6 upgrade

Hi,
I've recently bought an AMD 750MHz on eBay to give some boost to my
system. I have MS 6167 motherboard.

I am having a bit of a problem with the new processor. When I fit it
on the moboard the machine does't boot up. When I plug the power cable
in, everything starts operating (fans, disks etc.) but the monitor
receives no signal and the power swich on my case doesn't work (I have
to unplug the power cable to swich it off). My old processor works
fine (AMD 500Mhz). However, when I once did not fit it firmly enough
on the mobo I got the same reaction as on the 750. So it looks like
the mobo is not seeing the processor at all.

I've upgraded my Award bios (running v 6 now).

Does it mean that the processor is damaged?

Thanks for your help in advance

Marcin Konopka
Old July 29th 03, 12:17 AM
Ski

Hi,
I've recently bought an AMD 750MHz on eBay to give some boost to my
system. I have MS 6167 motherboard.

I am having a bit of a problem with the new processor.

Prolly need a BIOS upgrade if you're below revision 1.2,
get it here...

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...7&NAME=MS-6167

Ski

Old August 3rd 03, 11:29 PM
Marcin Konopka

I did install the latest 1.6 BIOS prior to the attempt of
installation. So this is probably not the problem.

Thanks anyway,
Marcin Konopka

Best solution to upgrade problems between two pc's Clob General 3 December 16th 04 07:14 PM
Update: Best solution to upgrade problems between twwo pc's Clob General 6 December 14th 04 09:08 PM
Game Freezing AtaŽuMoŽoboshi General 6 October 2nd 04 10:08 PM
Large Hard Drive & BIOS upgrade problems Lago Jardin Overclocking 10 June 13th 04 12:56 AM
Upgrade Report [Hardware Tips: Get the Right Hard Drive - 05/11/2004] Ablang General 0 May 16th 04 03:17 AM