GA-P35-DS3R - Reboot to stock when overclock unstable?

Old May 27th 08, 12:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
jaxstraww

Default GA-P35-DS3R - Reboot to stock when overclock unstable?

Does this board do that? I have the EX38-DS4 board and when I was
getting my feet wet with over clocking the board would take 20 seconds
and reboot to stock when I had an unstable overclock. Great feature.
Looking at a second board for lighter duty work and decided on the P35-
DS3R model but unsure from the reading if this board does the same?
Would rather stay away from clearing CMOS manually every time I have
an unstable overclock.
Old May 27th 08, 01:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

On Tue, 27 May 2008 04:50:03 -0700 (PDT), jaxstraww
wrote:

Does this board do that? I have the EX38-DS4 board and when I was
getting my feet wet with over clocking the board would take 20 seconds
and reboot to stock when I had an unstable overclock. Great feature.
Looking at a second board for lighter duty work and decided on the P35-
DS3R model but unsure from the reading if this board does the same?
Would rather stay away from clearing CMOS manually every time I have
an unstable overclock.

Although I cannot answer precisely your question since I donīt own the
board, I believe:
1) I you overclock with manual settings in bios, I donīt think
rebooting will load defaults.

2) If you use easytune or clockgen for the tweak, rebooting will
reestablish bios settings (that are set to nominal).

best regards

John
Old June 6th 08, 03:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Stephen Parnicky

"jaxstraww" wrote in message
Does this board do that? I have the EX38-DS4 board and when I was
getting my feet wet with over clocking the board would take 20 seconds
and reboot to stock when I had an unstable overclock. Great feature.
Looking at a second board for lighter duty work and decided on the P35-
DS3R model but unsure from the reading if this board does the same?
Would rather stay away from clearing CMOS manually every time I have
an unstable overclock.

I own the P35-DS3L and that motherboard does restore the clockrate if the OC
is not stable. Since it is the P35 series I am assuming that DS3R would do
the same.