Which one's better.....

Old July 20th 04, 06:30 PM
Augustus

"Carlos Arruda" wrote in message
Hello.
I have in my pc at home a NVIDIA Geforce FX5200 8X 128Mb.
I've got a relative that has a NVIDIA Geforce (FX5200 8X 256Mb or the

FX5600
8X 256Mb he has booth of them) that wants to give it to me as my birthday
present.
In your opinion is it much or is it better then the one I already have?

Wich
one should i pic?

Typically, FX5200 256Mb cards have 250Mhz core and 166Mhz or 200Mhz DDR
memory. Really slow. The FX5600 is no great shakes either, but it's a step
above any FX5200. The FX5600 has a 325 core and 250-275Mhz DDR. It's quite
possible your FX5200 card may be 64bit version, so going to the 128bit
FX5600 may net a reasonable increase in performance. Take the FX5600
256Mb.....leave the FX5200 256Mb with your relative.

Old July 20th 04, 07:09 PM
Carlos Arruda

Default Which one's better.....

Hello.
I have in my pc at home a NVIDIA Geforce FX5200 8X 128Mb.
I've got a relative that has a NVIDIA Geforce (FX5200 8X 256Mb or the FX5600
8X 256Mb he has booth of them) that wants to give it to me as my birthday
present.
In your opinion is it much or is it better then the one I already have? Wich
one should i pic?
I like to play a few games every now and again and so far the one I have has
been doing the job fine.
Thanks to all.
Best regards
Carlos

Old July 21st 04, 04:58 AM
LILfeatha

well, if u say your games run fine for u.. just stick with the card
that u have, and the other guy that replied to u, its not only about
mhz speeds, its mainly about the chipset. and of course u should get
the 5600, if its free and all.. if not, and ure a non-gamer and use a
5200 and u say its fine.. then just stick with it man... i got a 5200
but i never knew its gonna be this bad, so im getting this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-051&depa=0
and someone is gonna teach me how to OC it to a 5950 ultra (w00t..
nice huh ?) muhahah :-P gonna play doom 3,half life 2, far cry.. etc
:-P far cry cant even run here.. its textures are all messed up its
just messed up with this crappy gfx card..

Old July 21st 04, 08:19 PM
CapFusion

"LILfeatha" wrote in message
om...
well, if u say your games run fine for u.. just stick with the card
that u have, and the other guy that replied to u, its not only about
mhz speeds, its mainly about the chipset. and of course u should get
the 5600, if its free and all.. if not, and ure a non-gamer and use a
5200 and u say its fine.. then just stick with it man... i got a 5200
but i never knew its gonna be this bad, so im getting this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-051&depa=0
and someone is gonna teach me how to OC it to a 5950 ultra (w00t..
nice huh ?) muhahah :-P gonna play doom 3,half life 2, far cry.. etc
:-P far cry cant even run here.. its textures are all messed up its
just messed up with this crappy gfx card..

Good for you. Stick to what work best for you.

CapFusion,...

Old July 22nd 04, 12:41 AM
Carlos Arruda

"CapFusion" CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com wrote in message

"LILfeatha" wrote in message
om...
well, if u say your games run fine for u.. just stick with the card
that u have, and the other guy that replied to u, its not only about
mhz speeds, its mainly about the chipset. and of course u should get
the 5600, if its free and all.. if not, and ure a non-gamer and use a
5200 and u say its fine.. then just stick with it man... i got a 5200
but i never knew its gonna be this bad, so im getting this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-051&depa=0
and someone is gonna teach me how to OC it to a 5950 ultra (w00t..
nice huh ?) muhahah :-P gonna play doom 3,half life 2, far cry.. etc
:-P far cry cant even run here.. its textures are all messed up its
just messed up with this crappy gfx card..

Good for you. Stick to what work best for you.

CapFusion,...

Hello again.
Another oportunity came up t have this one though,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d... STRK:MEWA:IT

What do you sugest???
Cheers
Carlos