I would choose Nvidia 6800 over Ati X800

Old May 6th 04, 10:54 PM
Ryan Atici

Default I would choose Nvidia 6800 over Ati X800

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
operating system.

On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
the recent benchmarks. NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

--
Ryan Atici

To send email, remove _osmanli

Old May 6th 04, 11:19 PM
JBM

"Ryan Atici" wrote
in message ...
[...]

This belongs in the ATI news group.

Old May 7th 04, 12:03 AM
ntl: Victim

"Ryan Atici" wrote in message
[...]

Am I alone in deciphering this as a sarcastic dig at nVidia (I know I'm
being anal but is doesn't half get right up my nose when people don't type
"nVidia" as it should be)

I would probably end up buying nVidia again since I've stuck with them ever
since the 16MB Riva TNT ;o)

Old May 7th 04, 12:56 AM
Philburg2

Bull**** eh? Granted that it was pure opinion, but can you refute it? I
know I can't. I have had more problems with my 9700 Pro in a month than
with my geforce 2 and 4 for several years. Do both cards have problems? Of
course. But it always seems like ATI has the bigger issues. It could be
because of a lack of developer support, or maybe their drivers really are
not stable.

Old May 7th 04, 01:12 AM
Richard Dower

I have to agree, i had to get rid of a 9700 Pro because it kept crashing.
Though i did learn that my Intel E7205 "Granite Bay" chipset was buggy with
this card.

I am still not sure, if the new ATI card has the best visual quality/frame
rates @ 1600x1200 with all detail levels set to max + 8x AA/16x AF...then
it's the card i want.

It all comes down to which is better, two slots or 480W PSU are not an
issue, it's all about speed and quality.

But for now my rock soild FX5700 Ultra is sweet.

:-)

.com...

Old May 7th 04, 01:43 AM
Lance Ballantyne

Ryan Atici

To send email, remove _osmanli

This belongs in the ATI news group.

why do you say that? it would fit well in either.

Old May 7th 04, 01:58 AM
Darthy

The following is some of the biggest bull**** posted recently.

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:54:25 -0400, "Ryan Atici"
wrote:

When reliability is the major issue, I would never, EVER get any ATI video
card. Can you imagine paying $500 for an ATI video card and not having
stable operating system because of flaws in the video card driver?

What reliablity issues? Nobody is perfect. People with Nvidia cards
have failures, driver issues and incompatibilties as well.

So your point about video drivers is bunk.

It is a given fact that none of the ATI video cards are as reliable and
crash-free as the NVIDIA video cards. Because of driver problems, ATI video
cards cause problems. Sometimes with some games, ATI video cards freeze the
operating system.

Not true again. ATi makes very good video cards - they have good 2-3
year warranties. Nvidia a doesn't make any video cards.
Manufacturing with Nvidia chips do vary.

Oh... like nobody here has ever had a freeze up with Nvidia chips.
Just read the posts here ya moron.

On the other hand, NVIDIA CARDS are rock solid with stability. I just read
the recent benchmarks.

You can read? OKay, keep telling yourself that. Oh, where does one
buy an Nvidia card?

NVIDIA 6800 performs better in many games than ATI
X800. I would definitely get NVIDIA 6800 rather than paying $500 for an ATI
video card and having my operating system crash all the time.

Er... on sites using slower CPU, they are CPU limited... with an AMD
64 CPUs, they are getting higher FPS out of BOTH cards. ATI is easily
faster in many cases but OPENGL - if you could read, you would
understand the specfics.

Perhaps if you knew how to use a computer, it wouldnt crash all the
time with the worms and spyware infections you get with your doggie
and barf porn stuff.

Click on this link like thing below:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044

And lets look at a modern and high detailed game called Far Cry:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2044&p=11

113fps - X800-XT
87fps - X800
82fps - 6800Ultra
74fps - 6800GT

* no AA. ATI are using beta drivers, Nvidia is latest improved
drivers. System = AMD64-3200 with 1GB RAM

I own BOTH ATI9800Pro and a MSI 5900. Both cards do very well, no
reliabiltiy or crash or whatever farts out of your ass problems. But
there is a reason that the ATI is in my MAIN gaming machine.

Your stupidity makes you out to be an Nvida fanboy with only hurts the
image... Just like any other geeky ATI or 3Dfx fanboy.

# of Nvidia powered video cards I've bought: 7 (TNT / GF2mx/pro / GF3
/ TI4200 / 5900 and 5200(PCI test card for bench systems)

== == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
Old May 7th 04, 03:22 AM
GuitarMan

"Dude" wrote in message
.. .
Unbelievable how much bullsh*t you can type in one message !!!

You wanna see bulls*t, go to the ati ng...