55.03 & MX440SE & TV resize - Help

Old January 14th 04, 11:42 PM
???

Default 55.03 & MX440SE & TV resize - Help

I recently updated to the 55.03 driver, and yes I know there is no
perfermance benifit in doing so, but I wanted the bug fixes.
Also I like the colour correction options for the overlay!!

With the 45.23 driver there was a slider to ajdust the size of the TV
picture and after updating to 55.03 I cannot find the slider.

I looked at the guides from nvidia and it says it supports it for the
MV encoder, but the slider is not there!!

My questions:

1. Has any one else had the same problem?

2. If had problem, other then moving backwards, how did you fix it?

Many thanks.

Old January 15th 04, 03:37 AM
Granulated

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:42:08 +1300 ??? meeped :

I recently updated to the 55.03 driver, and yes I know there is no
perfermance benifit in doing so, but I wanted the bug fixes.
Also I like the colour correction options for the overlay!!

With the 45.23 driver there was a slider to ajdust the size of the TV
picture and after updating to 55.03 I cannot find the slider.

I looked at the guides from nvidia and it says it supports it for the
MV encoder, but the slider is not there!!

My questions:

1. Has any one else had the same problem?

2. If had problem, other then moving backwards, how did you fix it?

Many thanks.

RIght click on tray icon.... [nview display mode....dual display.... analog + tv
then...

RIght click on tray icon...

[adjust display properties]

[settings]..

[advanced]..[Geforce blah blah].. select Niew Display Mode on left slide out
menu

click on the right side graphic with the BIG 2 on it

[device settings]...device adjustment.. then you can shift left or right ..or
zoom or shrink

HTH

Old January 15th 04, 04:28 AM
???

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:37:18 GMT, Granulated
wrote:

[...]

There is not adjustment there... that is the problem.

Old January 15th 04, 06:42 AM
Larry L.

What do you mean by "not adjustment there." Do you mean you don't have a
monitor with a "2" on it, or that you DO see this, but when you right click
on the "2", you don't get a pop up menu, or that you DO see a page with some
adjustments on it, but just no slider?

I can't speak for the 53.03 drivers yet, but I know that with the 52.16's,
they replaced the "slider" with little "+" and "-" icons inside the image of
the monitor on the "Device Adjustments" page for the "TV output." Clicking
on these icons allows you to select overscan or underscan.

Larry

Old January 15th 04, 09:23 AM
???

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:42:58 GMT, "Larry L."
wrote:

What do you mean by "not adjustment there." Do you mean you don't have a
monitor with a "2" on it, or that you DO see this, but when you right click
on the "2", you don't get a pop up menu, or that you DO see a page with some
adjustments on it, but just no slider?

I can't speak for the 53.03 drivers yet, but I know that with the 52.16's,
they replaced the "slider" with little "+" and "-" icons inside the image of
the monitor on the "Device Adjustments" page for the "TV output." Clicking
on these icons allows you to select overscan or underscan.

Larry

Many thanks Larry, the manuals did not metion the + and - in the
monitor image.

Problem all fixed now.

.. .

Old January 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Granulated

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:23:10 +1300 ??? meeped :

Many thanks Larry, the manuals did not metion the + and - in the
monitor image.

Problem all fixed now.

Manuals ??...lmao !!
Old January 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Granulated

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:23:10 +1300 ??? meeped :

Many thanks Larry, the manuals did not metion the + and - in the
monitor image.

Problem all fixed now.

oh..and don't bother thanking me..ya git ! ( ; D)
Old January 17th 04, 10:29 PM
Gordie

Although nvidia say it's backwards compatible you're better off with 45.23;
i mean the new detonator drivers support dx 9, mx440se is dirext7.1 - i
dont' think the update would address too much with your card atall, it's
very old...i've got it, good for what it's good for, but no more

Old January 17th 04, 11:03 PM
???

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:29:21 -0000, "Gordie"
wrote:

Although nvidia say it's backwards compatible you're better off with 45.23;
i mean the new detonator drivers support dx 9, mx440se is dirext7.1 - i
dont' think the update would address too much with your card atall, it's
very old...i've got it, good for what it's good for, but no more

The 45.23 drivers had a number of bugs, not to do with driver
performance, i.e. crash with refresh rate overides and issues with
some games.

.. .

Old January 17th 04, 11:05 PM
???

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:44:20 GMT, Granulated
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:23:10 +1300 ??? meeped :

Many thanks Larry, the manuals did not metion the + and - in the
monitor image.

Problem all fixed now.

Manuals ??...lmao !!

The guides from nvidia.