multiple problems . . .

Old September 8th 03, 11:50 PM
JAD

Default multiple problems . . .

looked for MB sound update?

"larrybrazos" wrote in message om...
hardwa
asus a7n8x deluxe
radeon 9600 pro
onboard sound
memory - 512 corsair xms ddr

problems:
counterstrike sound distortion
counterstirke - does not support openGL
midnight racing club - freezes up or restarts comp.

i think it must be a driver issue, but i have download and reinstalled
all my graohics drivers.

Old September 10th 03, 09:32 PM
larrybrazos

i downloaded the new sound driver from microsoft, which was redirected
from asus website, and then my sound wouldn.t work, so i did system
restore, and sound worked again.
Old September 10th 03, 09:47 PM
JAD

so it completely stopped working, then it worked after restore but the problem is still there? I see what your saying about the
redirect (that its not a MS driver per say) but maybe it would be a good idea to check the ASUS site yourself, that way you would
know for sure its the correct one.

On another note...do you show a share of IRQ with anything else and the Sound card?
In your bios.. did we discuss the PNP OS setting? set to_ NO and reset configuration data to_ yes?
have you alot of PCI cards installed?
That board is a VIA chipped MB?
You have done the 4in1's?

Old September 11th 03, 10:02 PM
larrybrazos

wow, lost me on all that technical stuff toward the end of your post,
will definatly have to research that.
i have some xms corsair memory that i did a memtest86 on a few weeks
ago and got thousands of errors, so i figured i had some bad memory,
and returned it for the same product. since i am having similar
problems that i had when i had the first set of bad memory, i decided
to do another memtest86, but my damn a: drive wouldn't work, so i
couldn't do the test.
i decided to go into bios and bump the mhgz down from 166 to 133, and
everything runs fine now, so i have determined that the problems i am
having are a result of some type of compatibilty issue or setting that
are causing some system instability - not a problem with any specific
hardware i.e. the videocard and it's drivers.
i am working on fixing the problem at houseofhelp.com (a corsair
forum), and i will post here again if i ever figure out what is
causing this mess.
thanks for all the help, don't hesitate to elaborate on the technical
stuff you wrote last time, i wouldn't mind learning what you are
talking about, just give me some direction as to where i can find info
about the stuff you mentioned and i will go learn all about it.
thanks again.

Random reboot problems Cory Homebuilt PC's 12 August 21st 04 03:12 AM
8KNXP Rev 2 BSOD and other problems (resolved). [email protected] Gigabyte Motherboards 1 April 25th 04 06:21 PM
DirectX Problems! Faustus Homebuilt PC's 4 December 24th 03 10:42 PM
Minolta 5400 problems Pygmi Scanners 6 December 4th 03 04:24 AM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM