8800GTS SLI

Old August 5th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gary

Default 8800GTS SLI

I just jumped on the SLI bandwagon (more credit than brains) and I'm using
the 162.22 drivers. I keep getting a black screen and the message "Driver
has stopped working and recovered" message. Anybody else having this
problem? and if so did you figure out a way to stop it?

Old August 6th 07, 06:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Thomas

"Gary" wrote:
I just jumped on the SLI bandwagon (more credit than brains) and I'm using
the 162.22 drivers. I keep getting a black screen and the message "Driver
has stopped working and recovered" message. Anybody else having this
problem? and if so did you figure out a way to stop it?

Is your power supply adequate?

--
Greets, Thomas van der Horst

Old August 6th 07, 07:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gary

"Thomas" wrote in message
.. .
"Gary" wrote:
I just jumped on the SLI bandwagon (more credit than brains) and I'm using
the 162.22 drivers. I keep getting a black screen and the message "Driver
has stopped working and recovered" message. Anybody else having this
problem? and if so did you figure out a way to stop it?

Is your power supply adequate?

--
Greets, Thomas van der Horst

Thanks for your reply in answer to your question, I should hope so, OCZ
GamerXStream 700W. Rated 18A in the PCIe channels. Bought it with the
card, previous PS only had one six pin PCI jack. Also I've come to the
conclusion this is a driver issue as I don't have this problem with version
158.45, but I don't know if this driver supports SLI in DX10, not that it
really matters as 6 months after Vista release and there's only one game
(Company of Heroes) that has been ported to DX10. I would of thought that
MicroScam would of done that with Flight Simulator X. Also the problem
doesn't happen just in games.

Old August 6th 07, 08:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Thomas

"Gary" wrote:
[...]

Hmmm then it does sound like a driver issue... pity! Well, I'm still wih XP
x64 and a single 8800GTS so I cant claim any hands-on experience to help you
further, good luck!

--
Greets, Thomas van der Horst

Old August 6th 07, 12:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
housetrained[_2_]

"Thomas" wrote in message
.. .
"Gary" wrote:
[...]

Using the 8500 getting the same problem with 2 cards SLI. Have removed the
second card and now do not get the black screen. (See my post of the 6
August).

--
John the West Ham fan

Old August 6th 07, 01:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andi Cole

There's a new Beta driver for Vista 163.11

For XP the WHQL version of 162.18 has soem problems not evident in the Beta
version.

Andi.

"housetrained" wrote in message
"Thomas" wrote in message
.. .

Old August 6th 07, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gary

I loaded these up this morning and they seem to be working fine, used the
software I was having a problem with. I still only get a "good" rating in
Company of Heroes in DX10, I was getting a great rating in DX9 in single
GPU.

"Andi Cole" wrote in message
There's a new Beta driver for Vista 163.11

For XP the WHQL version of 162.18 has soem problems not evident in the
Beta version.

Andi.

"housetrained" wrote in message
"Thomas" wrote in message
.. .
"Gary" wrote:
[...]

I loaded 162.18 up this morning and they seem to be working fine, used the
software I was having a problem with. I still only get a "good" rating in
Company of Heroes in DX10, I was getting a great rating in DX9 in single
GPU. Thanks for all the help.

Old August 6th 07, 06:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gary

Default 8800GTS SLI 163.11

163.11 isn't the answer to the problem either, the crashing started up again
right after I posted that all was well below.

"Andi Cole" wrote in message
There's a new Beta driver for Vista 163.11

For XP the WHQL version of 162.18 has soem problems not evident in the
Beta version.

Andi.

"housetrained" wrote in message
"Thomas" wrote in message
.. .

Old August 12th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

yeah i have this problem as well .....just dont run in sli you will be
fine. these drivers suck. i have sli with a 1000w power supply ....it
is driver issue not power as someone asked. as soon as you enable sli
and restart it will go black screen within 15 min and give you that
message. and as far as dx 10 is concerend flight sim x update to
service pack 1 and then it uses multiple core processes instead of
just one core and then also utilizes dx10.
but for now until they update this driver dont use sli for now. if you
need dx10 then use this driver without sli or an old driver that
supports dx10 and the only ones that are sli and dx10 are the betas
until this one and this one(162.22) doesnt work in sli. i have been
running back and forth shutting down sli and turning it on since last
year through all the driver updates that work and dont work. so dont
pull your hair out thinking that it is your build with the problem.