Application does not support NView transparency functions properly

Old June 18th 07, 12:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Pablo Contreras

Default Application does not support NView transparency functions properly

Hi everybody,

I am trying to use applications with transparency features provided by
NView but i am finding that some applications won't let me do it.

In the following applications:-

* Adobe Illustrator CS
* Flash MX 2004
* Freehand MX
* Firefox 2.0.0.4

When I go to System Menu nView Options About this App... I get the
following message:-

"Application does not support NView transparency functions properly"

Also, in others, like:-
* Dreamweaver MX 2004

I get:-

"Transparency is temporarily disabled because an application that uses
DirectX or 3D hardware features is currently running."

I've had a bit more success with others like:-

* Internet Explorer 6
* UltraEdit 13.10
* Adobe Reader 7

which makes them pretty powerful, but I would like more to work with
transparency really.

I am running:-
* Windows XP Professional Build 2600 Sp2
* AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
* Inno3D GeForce 6600 graphics card - PCI
* ForceWare version 77.72

Basically,

* do I need a change in my Operating System?
* do I need a change to my Graphics Card?
* do I need to update my drivers?

What is the best way to proceed? Sorry, I am not that technical.
Easy english please. Thank you!

Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated.

Pablo.

Old June 18th 07, 08:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andi Cole

I think I'd be inclined to update those Forceware drivers and if that
doesn't help contact the application vendors.

Andi.

Old July 15th 07, 12:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Pablo Contreras[_2_]

Hi,

I tried updating the drivers to the newest Forceware 94.24 and
regretted it. They've changed the user interface to this wizard-style
interface which really sucks, and although they do let you go back to
the "Classic" interface now the Refresh Rate doesn't work correctly!!

I posted in this group about the Refresh Rate and tried some of the
recommendations, (a ForceRefresh utility which I downloaded) but it
made no difference because with the new driver the monitor's reported
resolution is the same regardless, so ForceRefresh just doesn't work..

And I've still got the original problem nVidia Transparency not
working.

Sorry but I'm a bit fed-up at the at the moment. :-(

In the end I had to roll back the original drivers using the
DriveImage save of the disk which I'd made just prior to installing
the driver...

Thank u guys for all the help!!
Pablo.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:05:55 +0100, "Andi Cole"
wrote:

I think I'd be inclined to update those Forceware drivers and if that
doesn't help contact the application vendors.

Andi.

"Pablo Contreras" pablo**carefully delete this**@**carefully delete
.. .