GeForce 6100 won't support 1680x1050 res even after driver update

Old March 19th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default GeForce 6100 won't support 1680x1050 res even after driver update

We recently purchased several Samsung 226BW (22" wide screen)
monitor. One computer running a Nvidia GeForce 6100 won't display
1680x1050 resolution even after updateing the driver. I can get
1600x1100 and other wide screen formats but not the 1680x1050.

Is this card just not capable of that res? I've got a different
computer with an older integated card (GeForce 4 MX w/64MB memory) and
it supports it just fine I didn't even have to update the driver.

Also there is another computer with an (S3 G UniChrome IGP) graphics
card. I've attempted to update its driver as well but it still won't
support 1680x1050 res nor any other wide screen format of any kind.

Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old March 19th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andi Cole

I believe there has been a problem with a batch of 226BW's not running their
native resolution. You may have to read it all but try here
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17689111

Andi.

oups.com...

Old March 19th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk

Andi Cole wrote:
I believe there has been a problem with a batch of 226BW's not running their
native resolution. You may have to read it all but try here
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17689111

IIRC Andi it was just one poster who had a probable duff DVI port.
Old March 20th 07, 06:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

wrote in message
oups.com...
We recently purchased several Samsung 226BW (22" wide screen)
monitor. One computer running a Nvidia GeForce 6100 won't display
1680x1050 resolution even after updateing the driver. I can get
1600x1100 and other wide screen formats but not the 1680x1050.

Is this card just not capable of that res? I've got a different
computer with an older integated card (GeForce 4 MX w/64MB memory) and
it supports it just fine I didn't even have to update the driver.

The card should be capable. Which driver did you update? The monitor or the
video card? The monitor drivers are the ones that are critical.