Geoforce GT 600: can it work with DirectX 6 games?

Old September 28th 08, 01:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SantaClaus

Default Geoforce GT 600: can it work with DirectX 6 games?

Hi all,

I have a PC with a geoforce GT 600 video card, and Windows XP 32 bit.
The videocard works fine, and Direct X 9 games run ok.

However, I tried to install Worms Armageddon, an old title which
requires Direct X 6, and it doesn't work: the game starts, but the
colours soon get all messed up and the games freezes.

Can it be a compatibility issue with DX6? Does my graphics card
support DX6? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
Old September 28th 08, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Older games don't always cooperate with XP. Do you have the Worms v3.6.29.0
beta patch installed? It is apparently required for XP compatibility.
http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/ma...supp&area=upda

Old September 29th 08, 02:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SantaClaus

On 28 Sep, 14:38, "First of One" wrote:
Older games don't always cooperate with XP. Do you have the Worms v3.6.29.0
beta patch installed? It is apparently required for XP compatibility.http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/ma...supp&area=upda

I'll try, thanks for the link.

However, I'm inclined to think it's more about the video card than the
o.s. : my previous machine ran XP, and the same game used to work just
fine.
Old September 29th 08, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"SantaClaus" wrote in message
On 28 Sep, 14:38, "First of One" wrote:
Older games don't always cooperate with XP. Do you have the Worms
v3.6.29.0
beta patch installed? It is apparently required for XP
compatibility.http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/ma...supp&area=upda

I'll try, thanks for the link.

However, I'm inclined to think it's more about the video card than the
o.s. : my previous machine ran XP, and the same game used to work just
fine.

What exactly is a Geforce GT 600?

Old September 30th 08, 08:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SantaClaus

On 29 Sep, 23:41, "Augustus" wrote:

What exactly is a Geforce GT 600?

Sorry, I got confused: it's a Geoforce 8600 GT. My bad