New toner cartridge not printing

Old January 29th 05, 01:28 AM

Default New toner cartridge not printing

I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet (4ML).
I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).

So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of ink)
and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of ink.

I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these sheer
coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
make it print??

TIA

Old January 29th 05, 01:46 AM
BobS

Did you pull the plastic strip out of the end of the cartridge - as per the
instructions?

Bob S.

ups.com...

Old January 29th 05, 02:07 AM

Yes.

Old January 29th 05, 03:07 PM
jbuch

I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet (4ML).
I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).

So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of ink)
and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of ink.

I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these sheer
coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
make it print??

TIA

Toner... no "Ink" in a laserjet cartridge, and there is no ink in a
Xerox copy either.

Look at all the places where electrical contact can be made between the
cartridge and the printer.

If electrical contacts aren't made when required, the cartridge won't work.

If your old cartridge somehow damaged the contacts, it is possible that
the old cartridge can still make contact electrically, but the new
cartridges can't.

You would easily end up with BLANK pages in the case of defective
electrical contacts.

Wherever you see metal on the toner cartridge is a possible electrical
contact....

Wherever the metal on the cartridge could touch the printer is the other
half of the possible electrical contact.

Compare the metal parts of the new and old cartridges.

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

Old January 30th 05, 09:20 PM

jbuch wrote:
wrote:
[...]

All the metal parts are approximately the same. How do I determine
whether there are any minute differences between the two?

TIA

Old January 30th 05, 09:34 PM

I am curious. How come my reply does not show quoted text in the
reply, whereas jbuch's and pete's replies automatically show quoted
text? What do I need to do to Reply so that it *automatically* show
the quoted text without the viewer having to click "show quoted text"?
TIA

Old January 31st 05, 01:22 PM
Arthur Entlich

Which email client are you using (Netscape, Outlook Express, Edora, etc?)

Most allow you to select in preferences if you wish the text of the
message you are responding to to be quoted in your reply.

Art

Old January 31st 05, 01:25 PM
Arthur Entlich

Nothing like a acronym with at least 11 different meanings.

No consusion there...

Art

pete wrote:

On 30 Jan 2005 13:22:18 -0800, wrote:

Heat unit fubar, but most likely a foreign object inside the printer.

What does "Heat unit fubar" mean?

The heat unit is also called the fuser assembly (google is your friend)

Fubar - there you are, I spared you the bother of googling:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...&Acronym=fubar