Anyone use a 9800 on Linux?

Old June 22nd 03, 05:11 PM
Mitch_A

Default Anyone use a 9800 on Linux?

Why would you want a 9800 in a Linux box?

"Pete" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what ATI's Linux support for this card is like?

I'm about to buy a decent video card and the top two contenders seem

fairly
well matched overall, so I'll be choosing on the basis of
Linux-friendliness. nVidia are providing some good XFree86 drivers at the
moment (despite some patchiness in the past) - are ATI equally on the ball
with this? I'd appreciate feedback from anyone with direct experience.

Thanks...

Old June 22nd 03, 08:23 PM
Bill Crocker

Some of the newer, high-end games, have been ported over to Linux.

Bill Crocker

y.com...

Old June 23rd 03, 03:28 PM
Asfand Yar Qazi

Pete wrote:
Can anyone tell me what ATI's Linux support for this card is like?

I'm about to buy a decent video card and the top two contenders seem fairly
well matched overall, so I'll be choosing on the basis of
Linux-friendliness. nVidia are providing some good XFree86 drivers at the
moment (despite some patchiness in the past) - are ATI equally on the ball
with this? I'd appreciate feedback from anyone with direct experience.

Thanks...

It'll run fine 2D.

As for 3D, I don't think they're as good as nVidia's drivers. Never the
less, I have cross-posted this topic on alt.os.linux.x to help get a
reply for you.

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/