What inkjet printer prints the best text?

Old December 30th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text? Off Topic

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 06:58:23 -0500, TJ
wrote:

kony wrote:
On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 07:22:15 GMT, Arthur Entlich
wrote:

I respect and know Tony well enough from my personal correspondence with
him, as well as his many post here that I see no reason he would have to
try to deceive anyone here. I therefore believe his statements are
level headed evaluations based upon his personal experiences.

However, I also know that there has been a real backlash to Vista by
many people. This backlash to Vista was completely predicable, and it
had only partly to do with Vista itself, per se.

You are an idiot.

Backlash has to do with real use problems.

You pretend you are intelligent but are not. There is no
great body of text you could write that makes a problem
disappear.

And you are becoming more troll-like by the minute. You resort to
name-calling when people refuse to knuckle under to your opinion.

Perhaps, or maybe it's based on the deliberate attempt to
avoid the discussion. Taking something off the original
context and then trying to pretend to be sensible is
anything but.

That
is hardly intelligent behavior. It is troll behavior, the "weapon" of
someone who knows he can't win an a debate with the merits of his
position.(Note carefully that I am not calling you a troll. I am saying
you are exhibiting troll-like behavior.)

Note that the debate had already ended because Arthur
decided not to discuss the facts anymore. Instead wasting
his time, my time, and if you read the replies, your time
too. IMO, that is a bit idiotic. I am entitled to that
opinion and if you think stating my opinion is troll-like,
then you're bound to find trolls at every turn.

Your bias is anti-Microsoft - that much is abundantly clear.

Nonsense. I recommend people stick with XP. Did I _EVER_
suggest abandoning MS products, suggest Linux, or for that
matter any particular product? No. In fact I would suggest
that if someone has the problems with Vista that many do,
they should buy a WinXP license instead which is hardly
"anti-MS". Congratulations for jumping to the wrong
conclusion though. Not everyone fits into your nice
black-and-white stereotypical roles.

That bias
is so strong that you are unwilling to look at anything Microsoft
produces with an objective eye. No, not unwilling, unable. Microsoft
could produce the perfect OS, and you would still call it crap.

I run Windows and find it the most versatile OS on earth.
Vista simply isn't ready for wide-spread, mindless adoption.
Real issues cannot be randomly brushed aside. Someday it
may be, but not yet. I didn't need to clarify this
position, because I never suggested avoiding all MS
products. I never suggested anyone should never buy Vista
and indeed it may become the better choice for many... it
just can't be assumed so without consideration of the facts,
_today_. Likely many who now avoid Vista will eventually
buy it, but that is a different day and a few patches away.

By jumping the gun on trying to stereotype, without actually
considering what I'd written, you are acting a bit idiotic.
(Note carefully that I am not calling you an idiot. I am
saying you are exhibiting idiot-like behavior.)

I've heard this kind of anti-Microsoft drivel many times over the years.

It seems you just want to see what you want to see,
nevermind the actual details discussed.
Old December 30th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
TJ

wrote:

[...]

I am unworthy of your attention. I have been an idiot of the worst
caliber and I hereby apologize for my trollness. If you want me, I'll be
in the corner, gibbering and drooling in my gruel. But I'm betting you
want nothing to do with the likes of idiots like me.

Thank you very much for the enlightenment. I guess I was confused
because I didn't see you say that it was at all possible for Vista to
actually work for somebody. My mistake.

TJ

Old December 30th 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
TJ

Oh dear me, I KNEW I forgot something! I can be such an idiot sometimes.

PLONK.

TJ

Old December 30th 07, 06:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Arthur Entlich

There comes a point where logic and even an attempt at being civil with
a person who is incapable of seeing anything beyond his own "reality" is
just a useless waste of my time. It takes quite a lot to bring me to
this point with people, but you have proven yourself to belong to an
elite club within my newsreader. It's called my killfile.

Your rules of engagement are dishonest, and I'm not going to play by
your rules, so enjoy the rest of your game. I found your calling me
delusional of particular irony. In areas where opinion and personal
experience determine the value of something, people who believe their
"truth" is exclusive are usually referred to as zealots. I never
continue discussions with zealots, because they do not possess the
ability to see beyond their belief system.

Art

kony wrote:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:13:42 GMT, Arthur Entlich
wrote:

I have read this thread through, and what I read was that Tony indicated
a mixture of his personal experience,

... which is subjective, as I already wrote.

the experiences of those he deals
with on a professional basis,

Incorrect. He cannot provide hearsay as to a comprehensive
analysis of a 3rd party's use of a product. It is quite
likely they do not come to him and converse about this exact
topic so he can report on their sum experiences with Vista,
or much of anything else for that matter. Instead he is
introducing misleading, "supposed" evidence which cannot be
countered merely because it is worthless.

Instead what we do have is the largest backlash against any
version of windows ever, as seen by many online polls. He,
you, and I can all find links to this information. This is
fact, not 3rd party hearsay.

and his informed opinion.

You threw the word "informed" out there as a measure of
bull****. How about sticking to clear facts instead of
fancying yourself a colorful writer? He offered an opinion.
He's entitled to one. That is subjective and does not make
it rational to discount all the opinions of others, not mine
but those easily found by web searches, even linked earlier
in the thread. He choose to discount all counterevidence by
selectively ignoring and declaring it irrelevant
(effectually, I do now forget the exact word used) as if he
can ignore evidence.

Was it without
bias? No, we all have personal biases, including you.

Not necessarily applicable, because some have more ability
than others to isolate any personal bias from a pursuit of
truth. Some people stop and consider whether they are
writing something subjective, and do a bit deeper digging.
That is what the links CBFalconer, or the several online
polls, as well as other sources of information provide.

Incredibly enough, even Tony himself conceded there were
issues people are supposed to wait to have addressed, as if
we are supposed to judge the fitness of a product not based
on what it is now, but what it *might* become, someday.
Another subjective opinion, that if an issue doesn't bother
or effect Tony, then it's ok for everyone else too.

I'm terribly sorry to have to write it, but you are either
deluded or intentionally trying to pervert truth. Writing
pages of text about how right you think you are doesn't
further a conversation, it still ignores the points already
made which is anything except the persuit of truth.

Old December 30th 07, 07:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Tony[_2_]

kony wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 03:19:35 -0600, Tony
wrote:

I have snipped everything from this post simply so that I can attempt to
recover what I consider to be a thread with many innuendos and
misunderstandings.

The post I originally replied to included the following extract.

"Of course a system that uses Vista is a crap design in the first
place."

And was followed by some links.

My reply was, and I apologise for reposting this in full.

Ok, your reply was noted and at this point it seems we've
beaten a dead horse long enough.

Excellent, I am so pleased that you have seen reason.

Tony
Old December 30th 07, 09:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:44:18 GMT, Arthur Entlich
wrote:

There comes a point where logic and even an attempt at being civil with
a person who is incapable of seeing anything beyond his own "reality" is
just a useless waste of my time.

You mean MY time, because you're the senseless one who began
making speeches instead of STAYING ON TOPIC.

That you choose to divert attention from the topic is a
clear sign you had nothing to add to the topic.

It takes quite a lot to bring me to
this point with people,

You are so full of it. You come to this point any time
someone does not pretend that being politically correct
trumps fact.

but you have proven yourself to belong to an
elite club within my newsreader. It's called my killfile.

LOL.

By all means, remain ignorant.

You did write more, but you're an idiot. Those who have
followed my posts over many years will realize I do not
often call people idiots. I am not what you would hope to
claim I am because I oppose your nonsensical bull****. I
shoot straight and call a person an idiot when it seems they
need to hear it... which is very seldom, but does happen
rarely.

You are an idiot because you think we are diverted from the
fact that there was plenty of on-topic evidence to discuss,
but that you could effectively divert the topic to your
whining. Your whining has not distracted from the fact that
you don't have any counter-evidence, and never had any
intention of providing any.

This is your strategy, to whine, to try to play the
politically correct "card" while deliberately avoiding the
core arguments in a topic, if you can't factually support
ideas that benefit you.

Note that this was not the first time you did this. Did you
think you lived in a vacuum?
Old December 30th 07, 09:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

wrote:

I have snipped everything from this post simply so that I can attempt to
recover what I consider to be a thread with many innuendos and
misunderstandings.

The post I originally replied to included the following extract.

"Of course a system that uses Vista is a crap design in the first
place."

And was followed by some links.

My reply was, and I apologise for reposting this in full.

Ok, your reply was noted and at this point it seems we've
beaten a dead horse long enough.

Excellent, I am so pleased that you have seen reason.

Tony

Seen reason? You want to selectively excuse flaws without
consideration of the very real impact they may have. Sorry
but that's insane.

Once you understand that, you will have "seen reason".
Old December 30th 07, 09:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Tony[_2_]

snip

Ok, your reply was noted and at this point it seems we've
beaten a dead horse long enough.

Excellent, I am so pleased that you have seen reason.

Tony

Seen reason? You want to selectively excuse flaws without
consideration of the very real impact they may have. Sorry
but that's insane.

Once you understand that, you will have "seen reason".

Your response was predictable. Quod erat demonstrandum.
Thank you for pointing out that your wisdom is greater than the combined wisdom
of the entire human race, either alive today or who have ever lived. Now that I
understand that I will no longer bother you with my insignificant, trivial and
rather pathetic contributions to this thread and will allow you to bask in the
glory that you so richly deserve. I am humbled in your presence.
No more from me on this specific topic I promise.
Whether you believe it or not I actualy do wish you a great 2008 but I hope
that some of your enviable gentleness and amazing attention to the pursuit of
truth infects the rest of us poor and deluded mortals.
So it is definitely goodbye from me and I fervently pray that it is goodbye
from you.
Tony
Old December 30th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
measekite

wrote:

[...]

When did you get enlightened?

Old December 30th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
measekite

TJ wrote:
Oh dear me, I KNEW I forgot something! I can be such an idiot sometimes.

I forgive you. Too bad some of the other idiots do not want to come clean.

PLONK.

TJ