Canon S9000 Driver problems - arghhhh

Old June 17th 04, 07:58 AM

Default Canon S9000 Driver problems - arghhhh

My Canon S9000 has been running just fine for over a year, suddenly I
began getting a message that something was wrong with the diagnostics
menu and to reload the driver.

well.... after a year+ I can't find my original install CD so I went
to Canon's site and see there is a new Windows XP driver as of may 24,
2004

I CANNOT get it to install. I followed the instructions to remove the
old driver and now I have a non-operational S9000 - and I NEED to
print some things badly.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've dumped and re-downloaded 3X and it
fails after 10 sec. into the Install program every time.

SCD

Old June 18th 04, 08:25 AM

Thanks! I think the Hub was the problem - I finally got it installed!

SCD

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:19:38 -0400, Larry
wrote:

In article , 13
says...

My Canon S9000 has been running just fine for over a year, suddenly I
began getting a message that something was wrong with the diagnostics
menu and to reload the driver.

well.... after a year+ I can't find my original install CD so I went
to Canon's site and see there is a new Windows XP driver as of may 24,
2004

I CANNOT get it to install. I followed the instructions to remove the
old driver and now I have a non-operational S9000 - and I NEED to
print some things badly.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've dumped and re-downloaded 3X and it
fails after 10 sec. into the Install program every time.

SCD

1.Disconnect the printer from the computer, then remove the drivers.

2.re-boot

3.connect the printer to the computer an WAIT for the "found new hardware
wizard" STOP IT AS SOON AS YOU HAVE THE OPTION.

4.leaving the printer connected, run the install for the new driver.

5. the "finding printer option may hang if the printer is connected through a
hub, if it does, try again without the hub (you can move to the hub after
installing drivers. If you do this let the "wizard" run abd it will name the
working connection "copy 1").

Old June 23rd 04, 08:45 PM
Jim

My Canon S900 has stopped responding to print requests. The status light
between the two buttons is flashing green/orange alternately. I've checked
everything I can think of. Does anyone know what this flashing sequence
means?
Many thanks if you could let me know please.

--
Jim Kelso
E-Mail:

"Larry" wrote in message

[...]