Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspire 1690

Old October 6th 05, 09:31 AM
roman

Default Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspire 1690

Hi

I have the following Problem with my Touchpad.

When I first used my Laptop everything was fine. Also my Synaptics
Touchpad worked properly.

Somewhen I bought a USB mouse because a mouse is more comfortable then
a touchpad. For a few dasy I never used the touchpad again, but I know
that the touchpad and the mouse onece worked properly together... so I
could use either one... One day I wanted to use the touchpad again.
AND: It didn't work.

I downloaded the most actual drivers from the Acer webseite. I
installed them, everything seems to be fine, but the touchbad just
doesn't work.

In the hardware configuration are no conflicts displayed, the hardware
is not disabled or something like that. It is shown that the device is
"Ready To Work".

The drivers load on system startup. So that also can't be the
problem...

Did someone had the same problem?

I don't know what to do... Thanks a lot for your help

Roman

Old October 6th 05, 03:40 PM
jappy

Try looking in your control panel, MOUSE, then the DEVICE SETTINGS TAB
and see if your device is ENABLED or DISABLED.

Old October 17th 05, 11:33 AM
bubus_company

Default Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspir

I have the same problem with the bigger one Aspire 1710: for a few
days usb mouse and touchpad worked properly together, but now the
touchpad is died.

When the pc starts without any external mouse the WindowsXp continue
to show the mouse icon accordingly to fact the mouse(touchpad) is
still present, but the pointer is motionless.

I deduct this is a common problem of Acer with usb external mouse
:crybaby:

Old March 30th 06, 11:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

The most common solution is the FN-F7 combination (activation for
touchpad). It happened to me after I installed a USB mouse.
Nevertheless no it works again....

mfous

Old May 22nd 06, 08:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer

cool....I was about to take the laptop back to the shop then saw the
post about the Fn F7 thing and everything's fine again.
Thanx a lot

Old January 11th 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
nobody cares

I have the same problem with an Acer Aspire 3004. My usb mouse and
touchpad worked together for quite some time. I also installed the
BlueSoleil bluetooth stack. I mostly used the usb mouse so I didn't
realize I had a problem until a month later, so I can't say exactly
when the problem first occured.

The first thing I did was toggle Fn+F7 but that didn't work. I
uninstalled the bluetooth stack, still didn't work. I uninstalled the
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver and reinstalled it, still didn't
work. I booted into SafeMode, still didn't work.

In the control panel under Mouse Properties, there is a tab with the
Synaptics logo labeled Device Settings, but no devices are listed. No
problems were found in Device Manager but under Mice and Other
Pointing Devices only one HID-compliant mouse is listed when the usb
mouse is connected and no devices listed when the usb mouse is
disconnected.

There are no BIOS configurable settings for the touchpad and I tried
Acer's website but it absolutely STINKS!!!

ANY IDEAS (like how to tell if it's a hardware or software problem),
PLEASE?????

Old January 18th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Martin Joachim

Am 11.01.2007 15:46 schrieb nobody cares:
In the control panel under Mouse Properties, there is a tab with the
Synaptics logo labeled Device Settings, but no devices are listed. No
problems were found in Device Manager but under Mice and Other
Pointing Devices only one HID-compliant mouse is listed when the usb
mouse is connected and no devices listed when the usb mouse is
disconnected.

[...]
ANY IDEAS (like how to tell if it's a hardware or software problem),
PLEASE?????

Maybe install VMware Player (www.vmware.com/download/player) and try
some OS there?

Or, re-install Windows.