I still use a GeForce256 DDR 32MB - Does FX5200 eat this now?

Old July 12th 03, 02:42 AM
Wayne Youngman

Default I still use a GeForce256 DDR 32MB - Does FX5200 eat this now?

Hello NVIDIA posse,

well as shameful as it is to admit it, I am still using my Creative
GeForce256-DDR, hehe. It's GPU is running 120Mhz and the memory is 150MHz
DDR (300Mhz). This card is three years old and still working well. . . . .
.. . . .for the games I play. . . . . . .anyway I'm in the market for a new
graphics card and I'm currently doing my homework on NVIDIA and ATI.

How much more powerful would a new entry level card be over my
Geforce256-DDR,

Thanks in advance, , ,

Wayne ][

Old July 12th 03, 03:42 AM
Strontium

Guess that depends how much money you have to spend...

-

--
Strontium

"Shortcuts are self-defeating. Mean. If you cannot do it,
clean, you'll never reach your reward..." - 311

Old July 16th 03, 12:10 AM
stanmc

Wayne Youngman wrote:
Hello NVIDIA posse,

well as shameful as it is to admit it, I am still using my Creative
GeForce256-DDR, hehe. It's GPU is running 120Mhz and the memory is 150MHz
DDR (300Mhz). This card is three years old and still working well. . . . .
. . . .for the games I play. . . . . . .anyway I'm in the market for a new
graphics card and I'm currently doing my homework on NVIDIA and ATI.

How much more powerful would a new entry level card be over my
Geforce256-DDR,

Thanks in advance, , ,

Wayne ][

I just ran the 3DMark2001SE (330) on my Asus 9520 Video Suite card in an
Asus A7N8X Dlx (rev 2.0) Barton 2500 over clocked to 2.08GHz and got the
following scores:

with antialiasing set at 2 samples 5444 and w/o antialiasing at 7994.

Soon as I get time to download the 177MB file for the current version of
3dMark (330) I'm going to run that. I have no idea how these scores
compare to other Nvidia cards, but I'm told that the 9520 is slow.