bios updates

Old July 30th 04, 10:34 AM
jf

Default bios updates

Why are there so many bios update problems with Asus? Why don't they
figure out what works and post it and quit posting stuff that doesn't
work. Do you use EZbios update, do you boot in dos, do you update from
windows. Just pick one and fix it. I've read so many complaints that
there should be a class action lawsuit against Asus if they are
posting something that destroys the board.

P4C800
P4 2.8c
Old July 30th 04, 12:06 PM
{SFU}Xeon

I myself didn't have a problem updating the bios in my A7N8X-X mobo. I used
the windows based AsusUpdate, worked like a charm, and now, my bios will
accept upto 600mhz FSB, and my 1gb of Geil pc3200 ram runs at 200mhz 400
actual. Perhaps there are alot of amature's or wanna B's trying to flash
the bios ehy?

A7N8X-X
XP2500
ATI Radeon 9800 pro
1gb PC3200 Geil
and a partrage in a pear tree.....

{SFU}Xeon

om...

Old July 30th 04, 01:23 PM
rstlne

"{SFU}Xeon" wrote in message
I myself didn't have a problem updating the bios in my A7N8X-X mobo. I

used
the windows based AsusUpdate, worked like a charm, and now, my bios will
accept upto 600mhz FSB, and my 1gb of Geil pc3200 ram runs at 200mhz 400
actual. Perhaps there are alot of amature's or wanna B's trying to flash
the bios ehy?

A7N8X-X
XP2500
ATI Radeon 9800 pro
1gb PC3200 Geil
and a partrage in a pear tree.....

{SFU}Xeon

Dear God
How can you (in saying all that crap you said) say anything about "Amature
Wanna B"

Old July 31st 04, 02:59 PM
Jim

"rstlne" wrote in message

"{SFU}Xeon" wrote in message
I myself didn't have a problem updating the bios in my A7N8X-X mobo. I

used
the windows based AsusUpdate, worked like a charm, and now, my bios will
accept upto 600mhz FSB, and my 1gb of Geil pc3200 ram runs at 200mhz

400
actual. Perhaps there are alot of amature's or wanna B's trying to

flash
the bios ehy?

A7N8X-X
XP2500
ATI Radeon 9800 pro
1gb PC3200 Geil
and a partrage in a pear tree.....

{SFU}Xeon

Dear God
How can you (in saying all that crap you said) say anything about "Amature
Wanna B"

Load.....Take aim.....Blow foot off!

LMFAO

Jim

Old August 1st 04, 08:42 AM
Arthur

Anyone trusting Windoze to a BIOS update is a real amateur or dumb.

What are the odds of a Windoze abend, blue screen, or worse as apposed
to KISS DOS? Asus is doing users a real disservice IMO promoting a
less secure and reliable BIOS update program for the sake of glitz,
laziness, and incompetent users who should not be updating a BIOS if
they can not deal with DOS..

That's Keep It Simple, Stupid in case you don't know.
arthur
-------------

Old August 1st 04, 10:18 AM
Rocky

"Arthur" wrote in message
Anyone trusting Windoze to a BIOS update is a real amateur or dumb.

What are the odds of a Windoze abend, blue screen, or worse as apposed
to KISS DOS? Asus is doing users a real disservice IMO promoting a
less secure and reliable BIOS update program for the sake of glitz,
laziness, and incompetent users who should not be updating a BIOS if
they can not deal with DOS..

Can you substantiate the "less... reliable" bit of your rant, this "amatuer"
would like to know if there is an issue, or if your post is just a rant.

--
Rocky
www.jointopscentral.com | www.ghostrecon.net | www.agr-s.com |

__

Old August 1st 04, 11:19 AM
rstlne

"Arthur" wrote in message
Anyone trusting Windoze to a BIOS update is a real amateur or dumb.

What are the odds of a Windoze abend, blue screen, or worse as apposed
to KISS DOS? Asus is doing users a real disservice IMO promoting a
less secure and reliable BIOS update program for the sake of glitz,
laziness, and incompetent users who should not be updating a BIOS if
they can not deal with DOS..

That's Keep It Simple, Stupid in case you don't know.
arthur

Sadly that's the way the pc market has gone, It's for non-technial people

Old August 1st 04, 11:31 AM
rstlne

Can you substantiate the "less... reliable" bit of your rant, this

"amatuer"
would like to know if there is an issue, or if your post is just a rant.

Windows is not verry reliable..
now I dont know HOW They do it BUT they could modify the MBR and point to
the flash program (so when the pc reboots then it reboots in dos, attempts
to flash, then modify's the MBR back for the windows boot) but I dont know
if they do that, if they are flashing from within windows then I would have
to say that I dont think it's a verry wise thing but compared to pre W2k (or
XP) systems then it would have been a complete mistake..
Even NT wasnt stable at some stuff, 98 and below would be horrid.

Old August 1st 04, 12:45 PM
{SFU}Xeon

beats me, did I say something sub standard to you? I think I have a pretty
decent system, as a matter of fact, every system I've built has never had
any technical problems..... Perhaps you're confused?