Switched out CPU

Old December 7th 18, 11:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Switched out CPU

Blows the doors off the Phenom II 2.6GHz for responsiveness, although
all cores loaded encoding is strange and would seem somewhat slow by
comparison. The reviews I read, however, did mention that it wasn't
exactly a multi-core powerhouse;- it's strong point being up-front
clock speed and unlocked multiplier.

Reading it and doing it took a little time to sync in.

FX 4100 o'clocked to 4GHz (stock 3.6GHz w/ 3.8GHz Boost).
Initially had problems, fixed when I turned off BIOS: AMD Auto Pwr
Management. Turned off Boost.

AMD Fx "guess your" offset stuff: 41F at some 176F TjMax from freeware
Core Temp.

Ordered the CPU off the used Korean market and paid less than the
Phenom on a used American market.

One box now responsively corrected to give bang. I doubt I need go
over 3.6GHz, as well can turn back on the Turbo Boost for stock,
however that actually works.
Old December 7th 18, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 05:01:44 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Initially had problems, fixed when I turned off BIOS: AMD Auto Pwr
Management.

-

That's not AMD PWR MNGMT. I'd turned off the AMD K8 Cool And Quiet.
If anything, without the latter, I'm stabler on the FX than with the
Phenom II;- the Phenom ran fine enough with K8 C&Q, though.

Also not seeing any appreciable differences over anything in
particular, temperature-wise, since I plugged in the FX last evening,
whether or not overclocked by 400MHz.

I can see to know about multiplers, no longer hidden, that reach
between a x30-40 range.

Ergo sum - there's nothing imperfectly empirical to keep on
overclocking to 10GHz.

I should write AMD recommend they rename a FX4100 Slave, because it
likes to be flayed upon.
Old December 7th 18, 07:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 13:08:31 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

I still need test the two units of wire-paired, SATA3 qualified
cables, I got from Hong Kong. They're still in their baggie. Anything
over 150-200/Ms wouldn't be amiss, although that's still older Hewlett
Packard MLC planar NAND technology, I bought for a SSD few weeks ago.
Much the same, I wouldn't be surprised if not inferior in some
respects, to another same-size Crucial SSD that's going on 3- to
5-years-old.

I could get another two cable for the even older Samsung units: 1)
64G SSD and 2) another 128G SSD. Maybe write to Hong Kong first for
assurance of SATA3 speeds, something better at least, on the latter
units. Since I'd be buying twice, a repeat customer on two cables
priced for 99cents together.
Old December 8th 18, 08:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

wrote:

Ergo sum - there's nothing imperfectly empirical to keep on
overclocking to 10GHz.

Swapped in the AMD Fx octal and can't overclock it as stably as the
4100. Not a 4Ghz

Although eight cores does makes its own difference.

Cores blows the doors off the 4100 at stock 3.3GHz vrs the fx4100
4Ghz

Switched ports? JimL[_2_] General 7 July 31st 09 02:03 PM
Those that have switched from Vista BACK to XP........ Jeff Ingram Dell Computers 9 August 25th 07 02:39 AM
disk failure after PC was switched off Andy Fish Storage (alternative) 10 April 22nd 06 07:33 PM
Help. Switched To ATI MMC 9.13 & No Video Soap John Slade Ati Videocards 2 March 16th 06 07:08 AM
Power Supplies - can they be switched to 220 ? [email protected] General 5 May 2nd 04 12:59 AM