How do I get rid of the arrow?

Old June 26th 03, 08:12 AM
wangchung

Default How do I get rid of the arrow?

Got an old Win98 machine, 200MMX 128MB RAM, I only use it for watching
TV.
The mouse has died and I refuse to spend money or effort locating
another serial mouse or adapters etc.

I am fine without a mouse, the problem is that even though no mouse
is attached and serial ports are turned off in BIOS, the mouse pointer
arrow is always in the middle of the screen.
Old June 26th 03, 04:52 PM
Martin

"wangchung" wrote in message
om...
Got an old Win98 machine, 200MMX 128MB RAM, I only use it for watching
TV.
The mouse has died and I refuse to spend money or effort locating
another serial mouse or adapters etc.

I am fine without a mouse, the problem is that even though no mouse
is attached and serial ports are turned off in BIOS, the mouse pointer
arrow is always in the middle of the screen.

Less frustrating maybe...

Trying to to two whales in a car.

Martin.

Old June 26th 03, 09:38 PM
wangchung

MCheu wrote in message . ..
On 26 Jun 2003 00:12:27 -0700, (wangchung) wrote::

Got an old Win98 machine, 200MMX 128MB RAM, I only use it for watching
TV.
The mouse has died and I refuse to spend money or effort locating
another serial mouse or adapters etc.

I am fine without a mouse, the problem is that even though no mouse
is attached and serial ports are turned off in BIOS, the mouse pointer
arrow is always in the middle of the screen.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be easier and more energy efficient to
use a real TV?

Thanks,

MCheu
-Recent Grad BSc CompSci. If you're hiring in Toronto, drop me a line

Maybe in your world...

Immediate Opportunities available for contract computer/network
technicians in various locations throughout the continental U.S.
Responsibilities include: completing assigned tasks of staging,
deploying hardware and software applications, conducting quality
control, and giving orientation to the customer.Compensation range:
$11.00 to $20.00 per hour depending on experience & requirement.Weekly
pay with excellent benefits immediately available including major
medical, life insurance, etc.Please send resume and salary history in
confidence -824-4254 X222.Must have
minimum A+ OR Dell, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, MCP certifications.Must have
minimum 6-12 months of computer technician experience.Must be a U.S.
citizen.**APPLICANTS WITH ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCES,OR CLEARANCES
HELD WITHIN THE LAST 2 YEARS ARE STRONGLY DESIRED.
Old June 27th 03, 12:38 AM
wangchung

"Martin" wrote in message ...
"Martin" wrote in message

"wangchung" wrote in message
om...
Got an old Win98 machine, 200MMX 128MB RAM, I only use it for watching
TV.
The mouse has died and I refuse to spend money or effort locating
another serial mouse or adapters etc.

I am fine without a mouse, the problem is that even though no mouse
is attached and serial ports are turned off in BIOS, the mouse pointer
arrow is always in the middle of the screen.

Less frustrating maybe...

Trying to to two whales in a car.

Martin.

And more constructively...

Hasn't Windows 98 got a Mouse Keys utility.
Search Google for Windows 98 Mouse Keys and you'll find..

One of these features is
called Mouse Keys and it lets the user perform all the standard mouse
functions using the keys on the numeric keypad . To try it out access the
Control Panel, double click on the Accessibility Options icon, click on the
Mouse tab, put a check mark in the Use Mouse Keys box, click Apply, then
Click Ok. A diagram indicating which key corresponds to which mouse
function can be found in the Getting Started Windows 98 manual which came
with the operating system software. You can probably get it from Microsoft's
Web Site too. I hope this helps.

Martin.

HEY thanks! Now I can just move that arrow out of the way woooohoooo

THANK YOU!