Bus Hogging

Old July 10th 03, 05:35 AM
\(\) \(\)

Default Bus Hogging

The sound stutters in windows xp and in games for me. It turns out that
it's pci bus hogging. Does nvidia tweak there drivers so that it chokes my
soundcard? This was an issue a while ago and I'm hoping it's not anymore.
Then it's something else that is causing the problem.

Old July 10th 03, 01:50 PM
Strontium

Same, here.

-
Peter Parker stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:35:58 -0400, "\(\) \(\)" wrote:

The sound stutters in windows xp and in games for me. It turns out
that it's pci bus hogging. Does nvidia tweak there drivers so that
it chokes my soundcard? This was an issue a while ago and I'm
hoping it's not anymore. Then it's something else that is causing
the problem.

Which drivers? I had this happen with the more recent beta drivers so
went back to an older set to cure it.

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

Old July 10th 03, 09:20 PM
Strontium

I went back to the 41.09's. The whole reason this came about was because
Vice City would not let me change resolutions, with the 28.90's. I guess
because they're not 'dx9' compliant or some crap. Anyway, I grabbed the
44.03's and installed. Fixed the resolution option, but got that damned
stuttering in startup sound. Hunted down the first 'dx9' compliant driver
(41.09) and installed. No more stuttering.

-
() () stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:

I have the latest official 44.03 except they are custom made by MSI.

"Strontium" wrote in message
Same, here.

-

wrote:

The sound stutters in windows xp and in games for me. It turns out
that it's pci bus hogging. Does nvidia tweak there drivers so that
it chokes my soundcard? This was an issue a while ago and I'm
hoping it's not anymore. Then it's something else that is causing
the problem.

Which drivers? I had this happen with the more recent beta drivers
so went back to an older set to cure it.

--
Strontium

"I thought I'd lost you, somewhere. But you were, never, really
ever there at all. And, I want to get free..."

--
Strontium

"Shortcuts are self-defeating. Mean. If you cannot do it,
clean, you'll never reach your reward..." - 311

Old July 10th 03, 09:33 PM
\(\) \(\)

Some dude on another newsgroup. It's because the sound stutters and it's on
the pci port. Plus it's on a couple web sites.
"Shep©" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:35:58 -0400, In this world we created "\(\)
\(\)" wrote :

The sound stutters in windows xp and in games for me. It turns out that
it's pci bus hogging. Does nvidia tweak there drivers so that it chokes

my
soundcard? This was an issue a while ago and I'm hoping it's not

anymore.
Then it's something else that is causing the problem.

What software is telling you this?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Old July 10th 03, 09:41 PM
Shep©

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:33:08 -0400, In this world we created "\(\)
\(\)" wrote :

Some dude on another newsgroup. It's because the sound stutters and it's on
the pci port. Plus it's on a couple web sites.

I only asked as a couple of diagnostic programs sometimes mis-report
this.As you have found out though also some updated drivers can cause
a problem with the PCI bus on some systems.
Glad all is well

.. .