power off problem solved please

Old June 3rd 09, 03:31 AM
mivpl mivpl is offline
Junior Member

Default power off problem solved please

I am experiencing odd behavior during power off. The first symptom I
noticed was at the point during the power off sequence when normally
the power would go completely off, the speakers made a noise like
dit-dit-dit-dit in a slowing sequence that finally stopped. The dits
started about 3/sec and ended up about every 2 seconds. This took
about 10 seconds. Since it sounded like something spinning down, I
opened the case, disconnected power to all the disks, and powered up
(of course getting complaints about no system disk) and off. I
observed the same behavior, and also noticed that the fans, which
stopped while the dits were still going, were nudging slightly in sync
with the dits. So it seems like some power is still going out after I
hit the power off. If I physically unplug the computer or turn off
the power supply switch (not the case switch, but the power supply
switch itself on the back), then the noise stops immediately, but
starts again when I plug-in/turn on. This time it doesn't stop until
I cycle the case power again. I'm thinking this may be a power supply
problem or possibly a motherboard problem. I don't know if improper
control is being sent to the supply, or if the supply is misbehaving.
I haven't observed rebooting that might be symptomatic of a failing
supply. I don't have extra power supplies or motherboards around to
test with. Any suggestions?
Old October 7th 09, 03:55 PM
Sanjidgc11 Sanjidgc11 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivpl View Post
[...]

Check your System or even you can check your electric connection.Sometimes It happened for Viruses sometimes for Low Power and also Sometimes for BIOS. So you have clear where your are getting problem.