Proliant 3092 Raid Enclosure

Old March 11th 05, 07:33 PM
Burnt Eddy

Default Proliant 3092 Raid Enclosure

Hi, Just got a Proliant Series 3092 Raid Enclosure and am having a hard time
finding any documentation. Does anyone know where I can get it or have the
Part No. for the manual so I can download from ftp.compaq.com????

Old March 11th 05, 10:25 PM
Nut Cracker

what is the proper name on that cabinet? Is it an F2, a UE, U1, U2 ???? The
"series" name tells me nothing.

- LC

Old March 12th 05, 02:36 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Oh, god .... one of those things.

Well, what do you want to know ? There isnt much to document, really. It
will depend on whether there is a red and white sticker on the front, behind
the door, that says Supports Fast SCSI 2 or not.

- LC

Old March 14th 05, 06:22 PM
Burnt Eddy

It doesnt have much info on it. Front says Compaq Proliant, and yes it does
have the 'Supports Fast Scsi 2' sticker. On the back there is a sticker that
says Series 3092 for the model and thats about it. I guess I just hook it up
and go! Wanted some info as far as hot swapping, compatible tray model
numbers, replacement part numbers, etc....

Old March 14th 05, 06:25 PM
Burnt Eddy

I will check more closely and see if I can find F2, UE, etc...

In any case, does Compaq have an archive of manuals for there products?

Old March 14th 05, 11:18 PM
Nut Cracker

ok. That cabinet supports hotswap drives (provided your controller also
supports hotplug drives). It also only supports SCSI speed of Wide Ultra (
20MB/s), regardless of what controller, and what speed your drives are. You
are also limited in the trays that you can use, for example, you cannot use
the Ultra2/Ultra3 trays. You can use any of the SCA trays that support up to
WideUltra SCSI-3 disks (40MB/s), and have an edge connector that looks like
this:

_____ _______________________ ________
| | | | | ||_| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |_| | | |
| | | | | |

or,
_______________________
______| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |_________
| |

It has 1 SCSI channel, and "probably" a Micro50 connector. So, you will need
a 68pin-to-Micro50 SCSI cable to use it. Though, it *might* have a 68pin
connector on the back of the tower. Depends on the generation.

You can hook that up to any smart array family controller, or to an onboard
SCSI controller that has a scsi header on the back on the server. When used
with the onboard header, you will not get hotswap capabilities. You can have
a maximum of 7 devices in there as well. 50pin, 68pin, adn 80pin SCA tays
will work (as long as they have that connector, and is a "tray", and not a
"bracket".

If you have any other questions, let me know. I will answer what I can.

- LC

Old March 15th 05, 08:07 PM
Burnt Eddy

Thanks, great information. Pretty slow unit, might just junk it as it was
very inexpensive.

"Nut Cracker" wrote in message
ok. That cabinet supports hotswap drives (provided your controller also
supports hotplug drives). It also only supports SCSI speed of Wide Ultra (
20MB/s), regardless of what controller, and what speed your drives are.

You
are also limited in the trays that you can use, for example, you cannot

use
the Ultra2/Ultra3 trays. You can use any of the SCA trays that support up

WideUltra SCSI-3 disks (40MB/s), and have an edge connector that looks

like
this:

_____ _______________________ ________
| | | | | ||_| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |_| | |

| | | | | |

or,
_______________________
______| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |_________

"Burnt Eddy" wrote in message
[...]

????

Old March 15th 05, 09:05 PM
Nut Cracker

It wouldnt be bad for a file server, since 10MB/s is about the max you would
get from a 100TX network.

It just isnt useful for anything that requires high volume data I/O from
those disks.

- LC

(

IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
Need help with SATA RAID 1 failure on A7N8X Delux Cameron Asus Motherboards 10 September 6th 04 11:50 PM
Asus P4C800 Deluxe ATA SATA and RAID Promise FastTrack 378 Drivers and more. Julian Asus Motherboards 2 August 11th 04 12:43 PM
Gigabyte GA-8KNXP and Promise SX4000 RAID Controller Old Dude Gigabyte Motherboards 4 November 12th 03 07:26 PM
DAW & Windows XP RAID Tips, ProTools error -9086 Giganews Asus Motherboards 0 October 24th 03 06:45 AM