Need for Speed Underground issues?

Old November 30th 03, 08:39 PM
Don Burnette

Default Need for Speed Underground issues?

Running cat 3.9's on a 9700 Pro - 3d graphics in game look great, however
menus are scrabbled - can't even figure out how to customize the car -
certain options appear garbled in the car customization menus.

--
Don Burnette

Old November 30th 03, 09:58 PM
matthew utt

i had the same issue but when i turned all the anti-aliasing and anisotropic
**** to the max it sloved the problem

Old December 1st 03, 12:40 AM
Don Burnette

My solution was a little different. I checked out the forum at the NFS
Underground site, and there was talk that setting the d3d setting to high
quality versus perfomance solved this issue for some. I did just that, and
it has solved it for me as well. I just set it to custom settings in d3d,
moved the sliders over to high quality, set vsynch off, and set aa and
anistropic to application preference. Seems to run very well now.

Thanks,

Don Burnette

Old December 1st 03, 05:04 AM
Jim

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
Running cat 3.9's on a 9700 Pro - 3d graphics in game look great, however
menus are scrabbled - can't even figure out how to customize the car -
certain options appear garbled in the car customization menus.

I'm having a couple issues too. It plays beautifully.....at 800x600. Any
other resolution stops rendering...the game continues in the background - I
can hear all of the sounds, but the screen freezes. Works like a charm at
800x600 though, and it is a lot of fun! Anyone else experiencing this?

Old December 1st 03, 07:00 AM
Gandolf_One

"matthew utt" wrote in message
. com...
i had the same issue but when i turned all the anti-aliasing and

anisotropic
**** to the max it sloved the problem

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
Running cat 3.9's on a 9700 Pro - 3d graphics in game look great,

however
menus are scrabbled - can't even figure out how to customize the car -
certain options appear garbled in the car customization menus.

--
Don Burnette

or you could dl the update for the game there is one it ran on my
9700pro(cats 3.9) with no probs at all. try using the autoupdater

Old December 1st 03, 07:31 PM
Jez

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
Running cat 3.9's on a 9700 Pro - 3d graphics in game look great, however
menus are scrabbled - can't even figure out how to customize the car -
certain options appear garbled in the car customization menus.

Mmm odd !

I had the opposite problem, I installed Underground, while I
was still using the Cat 3.7 drivers...(NFSHP2 was running fine, so I hadn't
bothered to up-date).

Had that garbled text thing, put the new Underground patch in using the
Auto-update thing (Which was a damn pain !), Still garbled text....

So in with the Cat 3.9 and Yippie ! Problem solved !
It now flies !! Everything maxed out, and the 'motion Blur' on..
which is an awesome effect !!!

Up to race 19 so far !

Catch you on-line sometime

--
Ho Hum
Jez

Old December 22nd 03, 12:41 AM
D_Brasco

Ok ATI has not been able to help me so I'm trying here before I
convert back to NVIDIA!!!!! I have a Sony GDM-4011p monitor,9800Pro
running under XP w/Catalyst 3.10.... My desktop will not run in
800x600. The screen is so big that it extends of my 20in. monitor,
it's wierd cause the desktop w/shift off the screen (Panning)when I
move to the extreme top.bottom or L & R... The reason I need to run in
800x600 is for some games... When entering some games like NFSU I
can't even see the menus to start the game. I have tried a clean
install also.

If I put in a FX5900 I can run the desktop at 800x600 w/no problems
and I can enter the game w/no problems.......

Sorry for the long email, but I wanted to explain all. Please help so
don't have to convert.... and not playing the game is not an
option....

Thanks Brasco
Old December 22nd 03, 06:09 AM
pjp

This sounds like you're in the "virtual window" mode when your desktop is
too large to accommadate the "tv out" when enabled.

For example, on my system if I have the tv out enabled and my desktop is
larger than 800x600, I get what you describe, e.g. can't see the entire
desktop on the monitor. It's like you have a magnified viewport onto a much
larger desktop. Moving the mouse past an edge causes the viewport to pan
across the desktop.

If this sounds familiar, insure the tv-out is disabled, don't have a cable
even attached between the video card and a tv/vcr when booting I believe
insures it stays disabled when rebooted.

Running 98SE, Radeon 64 DDR VIVO (7200), pre "Catalyst" drivers so maybe
it's got nothing to do with it ?

Canon N676U XP Issues Peter Scanners 1 April 11th 05 03:08 AM
Highend system... Will it fly? Any issues? Noozer General 23 August 6th 04 04:42 PM
CATALYST™ Release Notes Version 3.8 Pluvious Ati Videocards 17 October 12th 03 03:40 PM
A7N8X-X & Win 2k (Issues) Seejay1120 Asus Motherboards 1 August 6th 03 10:40 AM
Asus A7N266-VM Network Issues Jessica Ball Asus Motherboards 1 July 9th 03 02:16 AM