If you aren't smart enough to use Windows 10 as it evolves, stick with your POS Mac or Linux box

Old February 23rd 18, 09:44 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Peter Köhlmann[_3_]

Default If you aren't smart enough to use Windows 10 as it evolves, stick with your POS Mac or Linux box

Wolf K wrote:

You endorsed PK's insulting comment on Windows losers

The windows uses here in cola are losers. Without any exception
They have proven it time and again

I guess you felt personally addressed by the term "Lindroid". By which I
mean "A person with an religious attachment to Linux".

Except there are no "persons with an religious attachment to Linux" here in
cola. I for example use linux as main OS siomply because it is better than
the alternatives. *Much* better.
And I did not come from windows, which has never been my main OS. I came
from OS/2, which was my main OS starting from version 1.0 until version 4.
It was all the time better than windows, and in some regards still is

To repeat: I _know_ that Linux is superior to the Other Two. I've said
so more than once. I would think that any comments I make are read in
that context, that Linux is better. So any critiques should be read in
terms "Can it be better still?", which you should have noticed was my
intent when I remarked, among other things, that "polish" matters, that
the average user's needs matter more than the expert's skills, etc.

This thread started as an attack on Windows and Mac users. The subject
line itself is the kind only an asshole would invent.

So reading is another thing you fail completely to do.
The thread started with an attack on OSX and linux. From a windows using
retard

So the assholery began long before I posted for the first time.

Right. And a dimbulb who uses windows started it

Tit for tat, my friend. If you can't take what you dish out, tough ****.

BTW, I don't foam at the mouth. Except when I brush my teeth.

Well, you just did. And showed at the same time that your reading
comprehension skills are barely good enough to use windows. Which you do,
while trying to insult linux users in a linux group

Old February 23rd 18, 11:20 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Doomsdrzej[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 21:44:59 +0100, Peter Köhlmann
wrote:

Wolf K wrote:

You endorsed PK's insulting comment on Windows losers

The windows uses here in cola are losers.

Coming from the biggest loser here after Jeff Relf, John Gohde, Chris
Ahlstrom, that's quite an assessment.

I guess you felt personally addressed by the term "Lindroid". By which I
mean "A person with an religious attachment to Linux".

Except there are no "persons with an religious attachment to Linux" here in
cola. I for example use linux as main OS siomply because it is better than
the alternatives. *Much* better.
And I did not come from windows, which has never been my main OS. I came
from OS/2, which was my main OS starting from version 1.0 until version 4.
It was all the time better than windows, and in some regards still is

You DO strike me as an IBM-style robot, admittedly. I'm sure you loved
the PCjr too and insisted on buying a PS/2 even when it was clear that
it cost a lot more than machines with better specifications.
Old February 24th 18, 12:08 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Peter Köhlmann[_3_]

wrote:

Wolf K wrote:

[...]

The PCjr was a piece of ****. And I never owned a PS/2 machine. They were
overengineered

Still, OS/2 was way better than anything MS ever had. Too bad that IBM was
too inept to properly support their superior OS. So in the mid-90s I started
to run linux on servers. And later switched to the linux desktop as well.
Because 20 years ago, linux already was way more powerful than windows.

At that time, you needed more than half a brain to run linux. That you are
still unable to do so tells a lot. It means that you can use only a pre-
installed windows, otherwise you are completely lost. Well, you are a
wintendo luser. Dumb as a brick, a bigot, a racist and a piece of stinking
****

Old February 24th 18, 02:28 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Doomsdrzej[_2_]

wrote:

Wolf K wrote:

[...]

I agree about the former but can't comment on the latter. My uncle
owned a PS/2 Model 30 and that thing lasted an eternity for him. It
was bought for one purpose and server that purpose for more than a
decade by my count.

Still, OS/2 was way better than anything MS ever had.

I don't disagree.

Too bad that IBM was
too inept to properly support their superior OS. So in the mid-90s I started
to run linux on servers. And later switched to the linux desktop as well.
Because 20 years ago, linux already was way more powerful than windows.

I'm with you on this one. Even as a 14-16 year-old, I knew that OS/2
was better than 3.1 and probably 95 as well. I even got disks for it
at some point because I was convinced that it would do a better job
running on my computer than MS-DOS and 3.1 or Windows 95 would.
However, the operating system was very cumbersome and unintuitive
which might have served to discourage people and very little software
was made for it. If anything, its ability to run 3.1 applications was
overused to the point that nobody saw a point in making an
OS/2-specific program.

At that time, you needed more than half a brain to run linux. That you are
still unable to do so tells a lot. It means that you can use only a pre-
installed windows, otherwise you are completely lost. Well, you are a
wintendo luser. Dumb as a brick, a bigot, a racist and a piece of stinking
****

More lovely words from Peter the Klöwn.

In reality, I've installed a great amount of operating systems even on
hardware which wasn't meant to support it. I even unbricked illegal
satellite terminals back in the early 2000s which is a lot harder than
any Linux distribution. Whether you like it or not, I am a technical
user.
Old February 24th 18, 02:32 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Doomsdrzej[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 21:07:27 -0500, Wolf K

On 2018-02-23 18:08, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
[...]
Dumb as a brick, a bigot, a racist and a piece of stinking
****

Did you get off when you wrote that?

Peter the Klöwn's greatest joy in life is disagreeing with people,
even when they have the exact same opinion as he does.
Old February 27th 18, 05:07 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, comp.os.linux.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Nomen Nescio

In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=

wrote:

Wolf K wrote:

[...]

PS/2's were good boxes. Deployed lots of them with MCA Token
ring cards. Token ring was something else. Those networks ran
on 66 punch blocks and phone wire in countless places.

Still, OS/2 was way better than anything MS ever had. Too bad that IBM was
too inept to properly support their superior OS. So in the mid-90s I started
to run linux on servers. And later switched to the linux desktop as well.
Because 20 years ago, linux already was way more powerful than windows.

Windows ran more reliably than OS/2 on PS/2 boxes. Reference
disk floppy, Windows 3.11, Banyan Vines, Token Ring card, AS/400
5250 software, Reflection VT220 emulator software, Borland
Office Suite loaded 25 floppies at a time. Man those were the
days.

Lol! Linux more powerful than Windows 20 years ago? You guys
couldn't even keep simple databases from corrupting multiple
times per week 20 years ago.

At a certain trading company, it took 80 linux boxes to try and
replace 8 x GS140 CI based VMScluster nodes and your sooper
dooper linux OS still could not surpass the I/O thoughput or
transactions per second processing of those 8 Alphaservers.
Don't feel too bad. Sun couldn't do it with 24 SPARC servers,
and IBM couldn't do it with 26 Power servers either.

At that time, you needed more than half a brain to run linux. That you are

That's right. Half a brain to run linux, a whole brain to run
everything else.

still unable to do so tells a lot. It means that you can use only a pre-
installed windows, otherwise you are completely lost. Well, you are a
wintendo luser. Dumb as a brick, a bigot, a racist and a piece of stinking
****

Let's see, OS/2 - dead OS, linux - OS/2 / Windows wannbe.
Windows? Runs the world.

When EMC customers deploy storage, they don't deploy linux, they
deploy VMWare and Windows.

Hang in there Peter! Some day you'll be a real computist.

Old February 27th 18, 09:40 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, comp.os.linux.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Nomen Nescio

On 2018-02-23 18:08, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
[...]
Dumb as a brick, a bigot, a racist and a piece of stinking
****

Did you get off when you wrote that?

Peter the Klöwn's greatest joy in life is disagreeing with people,
even when they have the exact same opinion as he does.

But he loves Windows for its' superior architecture.