Cyberlink PowerDVD on 9200?

Old October 21st 07, 07:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Cyberlink PowerDVD on 9200?

I tried to play a (fully legal I might add) DVD using the Dell-
bundled
Cyberlink PowerDVD software today (the first time I've tried under
Vista) and it tells me the DVD doesn't match my system's region code.

Except that it does.......they're both Region 2.

The DVD plays fine on my other machine using XP (again using
Cyberlink
PowerDVD).

Is this an issue with Vista's DRM or a buggy Vista version of
Cyberlink PowerDVD?

Anyone else had issues?

(Somewhat bizarrely, using my 9200 and clicking on "online update"
from within the Cyberlink software tells me there's a 51mb update
available..............doing the same from my Vostro 1700 says "no
updates available"......both software versions are identical though!)

Old October 21st 07, 09:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried to play a (fully legal I might add) DVD using the Dell-
bundled
Cyberlink PowerDVD software today (the first time I've tried under
Vista) and it tells me the DVD doesn't match my system's region code.

Except that it does.......they're both Region 2.

The DVD plays fine on my other machine using XP (again using
Cyberlink
PowerDVD).

Is this an issue with Vista's DRM or a buggy Vista version of
Cyberlink PowerDVD?

Anyone else had issues?

(Somewhat bizarrely, using my 9200 and clicking on "online update"
from within the Cyberlink software tells me there's a 51mb update
available..............doing the same from my Vostro 1700 says "no
updates available"......both software versions are identical though!)

Both versions *appear* to be identical but apparently are not. Create a
manual system restore point on the 9200 and then download and install the
"update" and see if it fixes the problem.

This is PowerDVD 7.0, right?

Stew

Old October 21st 07, 11:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 9:48 am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Yes.......both CDs though bear a date of November 2006 and are marked
P/N UP633 Rev A00 hence my assumption that they were identical.

On the rear of both of the CD cases is a label with DP/N 0JW351 Rev
A00.....again leading me to believe the software is identical.

But clearly it isn't!

Any CyberLink PowerCinema users? - How to capture closed captions? Berry Homebuilt PC's 1 May 28th 07 08:58 PM
Is there any way to use Cyberlink PowerCinema with the GuidePlus schedule? G.M. Durrence Ati Videocards 0 February 28th 06 04:55 PM
CyberLink DVD? petemoss Dell Computers 1 December 9th 04 05:50 AM
ATI Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder and WMP9 ===> Anyone out there???? Russ Ati Videocards 1 April 19th 04 06:53 AM
ATI Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder and WMP9 Russ Ati Videocards 0 April 14th 04 05:29 PM