GA8INXP -Version F5 Bios Flash Problems

Old October 19th 03, 02:35 PM
Dave Saunders

Default GA8INXP -Version F5 Bios Flash Problems

I just flashed the bios on my GA8INXP mboard to F5 using the Windows @Bios
utility. Everything seemed to go fine and I allowed the machine to reboot
when I was given this option by the program.

When I boot up now, here's what happens:
1 - the system recognizes my Nvidia video card bios by flashing the logo on
the screen,
2 - it goes to the main boot screen and displays the Award bios logo, shows
the line with the new bios number for the GA8INXP board,
3 - on this screen it also shows the line for the processor speed which is
correct and
4 - then shows the line with CPUID and Patch ID.
5 - After this, the system just locks up.

I'm not able to use the keyboard during this sequence so I can't get into
the bios to adjust any settings. I've unplugged the power cord and taken
out the battery and let it sit for about 20 minutes to clear CMOS and then
restarted the computer with the same results.

Any ideas?

Dave

Old October 19th 03, 03:54 PM
Richard Dower

"Dave Saunders" wrote in message
[...]

****...can you use the backup BIOS to boot from?, try that....if you boot
sucessfully from the backup, then go and reflash the main BIOS.

Then try booting from the main BIOS, if failure again, reflash the main BIOS
back to F4.

BIOS is scary, i am always freaked flashing....

Old October 19th 03, 04:24 PM
Dave Saunders

Thanks for the note. How exactly do I boot off of the backup bios, anyway?
I've been trying to figure this out without any luck.

Dave

Old October 19th 03, 04:38 PM
Dave Saunders

Ah, ok. I can't use my keyboard at all while the system is booting up so I
can't get to Qflash.

Old October 19th 03, 05:07 PM
Richard Dower

Ah, ok. I can't use my keyboard at all while the system is booting up so

can't get to Qflash.

Do you have a Bluetooth keyboard or a PS2?

Old October 19th 03, 05:18 PM
Dave Saunders

PS2

Should I try an IDE keyboard? I've been using the memory with F4 bios for 4
months, but do you think that there is now a voltage problem with F5?

Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
Bios update: which file? Katy Asus Motherboards 2 September 23rd 04 04:54 AM
After flashing my BIOS to 1011, my MB is dead Hello Asus Motherboards 11 July 22nd 04 11:07 AM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick General 8 December 16th 03 12:17 PM
WARNING - Dual Bios & GIGAraid ITE Problems 8KNXP Mark Taylor Gigabyte Motherboards 4 July 23rd 03 05:54 AM