Question - Printing 2-up on 11x17

Old August 23rd 03, 05:37 PM
Don

Default Question - Printing 2-up on 11x17

This is sort of a generic answer to your question, as I don't have a Canon
printer and you didn't say what operating ystem you are using.

Usually when you select FilePrint you get a screen which allows you to
select the printer to use. On that screen you will also fins a button
labeled "Preferences" or or "Properties" or "Print Options." If you click
that button you will get another screen, usually with several tabs at the
top. On one of those tabs you shopuld find a selection for "Number of pages
per sheet" or "Multiple pages per sheet."

There is also the possibility that you have a primitive driver loaded for
your printer. Some versions of Windoze have drivers that don't support all
of the options of a printer. If the above solution doesn't work, check
Canon's website for an updated driver for your printer and OS.

Don

--
Experience is what lets you recognize
a mistake when you make it again.

"HBYardSale" wrote in message
Question - Printing 2-up on 11x17

This is probably a simple-minded question, but for the life of me I can't
figure out how to print two 8-1/2 x 11 pages 2-up on a 11 x 17 sheet. I've
looked thru all the options in the print menu and can't figure it out.

I'm using Pagemaker 7.0 and a Cannon BJC-5100 that takes 11x17. Also

tried it
using Acrobat 5.0. I doubt that the application is the problem, though.

To be sure I'm getting my question across, here's a poor-man's

illustration
shoing how I want it to come out:

------ 17" --------
| | | | |
| Page 1 | | Page 2 | 11"
| 8.5x11 | | 8.5x 11 | |

Thanks!
Fred

Old August 24th 03, 04:27 AM
jbuch

HBYardSale wrote:
Question - Printing 2-up on 11x17

This is probably a simple-minded question, but for the life of me I can't
figure out how to print two 8-1/2 x 11 pages 2-up on a 11 x 17 sheet. I've
looked thru all the options in the print menu and can't figure it out.

I'm using Pagemaker 7.0 and a Cannon BJC-5100 that takes 11x17. Also tried it
using Acrobat 5.0. I doubt that the application is the problem, though.

To be sure I'm getting my question across, here's a poor-man's illustration
shoing how I want it to come out:

------ 17" --------
| | | | |
| Page 1 | | Page 2 | 11"
| 8.5x11 | | 8.5x 11 | |

Thanks!
Fred

When you define the page that you will be using in Pagemaker, you tell
it an orientation and a size.

It is trivial to set an 11" x 17" paper into two 8.5" x 11" sections and
put your pages there.

You can even set up a new document and put the pages down on this large
paper by cut and paste. You may find it beneficial to group everything
on the old file pages to make it easy to position the pasted elements
easily and precisely.

The mistake is not composing to the printer.

RTFM and you may get the clue that you are better off composing for a
printer.

Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

couple of Dimension XPS Gen4 question Matt Dell Computers 3 March 4th 05 03:20 AM
Pentium question Robert Sligh Overclocking AMD Processors 4 April 27th 04 01:13 PM
Home PC DVD burner Question. Ruben General Hardware 2 August 18th 03 05:29 PM
Fairly Novice Question jkh Printers 0 August 14th 03 08:46 PM
Canon i850 cartridge question Wayne Printers 2 July 16th 03 11:34 AM