Far Cry demo AA not working on 6800 card 66.93 driver

Old November 18th 04, 06:43 AM
ns

Default Far Cry demo AA not working on 6800 card 66.93 driver

Hi I wonder is it just me or what. I got this brand new Dell 8400
machine with P4 3GHz, 512M, 6800 GTO card/256M, Far Cry demo just
won't start before (crash at start of play). But after I downloaded
new 66.93 driver, now it works, but the shader (shadow?) effect can't
be set high otherwise graphics just totally corrupt, but I can live
with medium setting.

The main problem is no matter what AA setting I tried, including
in-game setting of all levels, or set in nvidia application profile,
the AA just not working, there's no anti-alias effect what so ever.
and the graphics look so jaggied, what's the point getting this
expensive card?

Nvidia if you are reading, could you try it see what's going on?

does anyone have similar problem? and any suggestions or remedies?
thanks, I get this machine to have a good experience, especially Far
Cry, but what a disappointment.
Old November 18th 04, 10:26 AM
Bronney Hui

"ns" ???
om ???...

The main problem is no matter what AA setting I tried, including
in-game setting of all levels, or set in nvidia application profile,
the AA just not working, there's no anti-alias effect what so ever.
and the graphics look so jaggied, what's the point getting this
expensive card?

In case your HDR Rendering is on for some reason, I know it's only a demo
but it's worthwhile to read this:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njc4LDQ=

Add the equal back in if it's gone. Anyway, do a search on
"r_hdrrendering". Their latest 1.3 patch turns this on default and it's not
supposed to work with AA enabled. Typing "\r_hdrrendering 0" would be what
I'd try first. Then enable AA from within game, and launch again.

Old November 18th 04, 04:36 PM
rms

The farcry demo uses old buggy code. Just get the fullgame, it's quite
cheap now, and a good game.

rms

Old November 19th 04, 07:20 PM
ns

"\", how do i do it? it's strange, why AA doesn't work, and I assume
tons of people played demo with AA working?

i need to make sure that the game works as expected before i can order
the full game, as we all know game can't be returned once opened even
if it doesn't work on my machine at all.