Buy a mid-range card now or wait?

Old October 13th 04, 03:40 AM
Key-Bored

Default Buy a mid-range card now or wait?

I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the 6600
and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
(Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

Old October 13th 04, 04:18 AM
Key-Bored

"homeboi" wrote in message
wait for the 6600gt will smack that 9600xt upside the ass and will perform
2 or 3 times faster I wont be pricey it will be considered the new
midrange cards. If you up grade now your card wont last you much long in
graphic intensive gaming.

Gotcha.

Old October 13th 04, 06:08 AM
Tim

"homeboi" wrote in message

... will smack that 9600xt upside the ass ....

Not a bad slogan for it, unless they go with: "Says to the 9600XT: 'Bitch,
make me a sandwich' "

Old October 18th 04, 10:20 PM
Mike P

I think that 9700pro preamble has been floating around in cyberspace for a
year and a half, finally found a post it could bind itself to.

Mike

"BuddyWh" root@localhost. wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:31:02 -0400, "C.R.GRAHAM"
wrote:

9700 pro is the best bang for the buck and already smacks the 9600XT.

And just where do you find one of these ho's...

Old October 19th 04, 03:18 AM
H3LpM3P1z

"Key-Bored" wrote in message ...
I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the 6600
and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
(Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

I remember reading in the post about X700 awhile ago. I think X700 is PCI-E only.

Motherboard: Asus P5AD2 Premium
PSU: Antec 550 Watt
CPU: Intel Pentium 3.2Ghz 1MB L2 Cache /w HT
Hard Drive: Western Digital 36.7GB SATA 10K-RPM
Memory: OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth DDR2 PC2-4200 533Mhz
1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel (4-3-3-12)
Audio: C-Media Integrated 7.1 channel
Video Card: Gigabyte X800 XT
OS: Windows XP Pro /w SP2 + all updates, DirectX 9.0c
CD-Drive 1: Asus 52x CD-ROM
CD-Drive 2: Sony DVD/CD 4x-R+R-RW+RW Combo Drive