AMD 3200+, 1GB RAM and 6800...

Old September 26th 04, 05:24 AM
Irrat8ed

Default AMD 3200+, 1GB RAM and 6800...

Any cpu or ram bottleneck?

Old September 26th 04, 10:04 AM
robin.gordon1

when using 3dmark03 it seems that the bottleneck is the CPU. the graphics
are fine even on my 512MB 3200+ (o/c'd 2500+).

Robin

Old September 26th 04, 10:57 AM
Kill Bill

"robin.gordon1" wrote in message
when using 3dmark03 it seems that the bottleneck is the CPU. the graphics
are fine even on my 512MB 3200+ (o/c'd 2500+).

Robin

That's really great. Now just learn how to quote.

Old September 26th 04, 11:09 AM
huLLy

"Kill Bill" wrote in message

"robin.gordon1" wrote in message
when using 3dmark03 it seems that the bottleneck is the CPU. the
graphics are fine even on my 512MB 3200+ (o/c'd 2500+).

Robin

That's really great. Now just learn how to quote.

There really isn't much point buying a 6800 Ultra unless you have a 3800 AMD
or better.. the graphics card will be throttled back by (slow by todays
standards) processors such as the 3200...

Old September 26th 04, 01:13 PM
robin.gordon1

Quote ?????????????????
vanilla 6800 (not GT or ULTRA)128MB on a 3200 system and running at 400/800
gives me a figure of 9653 marks.
compared to 1100 on my old 4200Ti card. when running the demos I noticed
that the CPU test was only showing a few FPS(10-20) instead of the three
digits I get on the graphical version of the tests.

pardon my French.

Robin(

Old September 27th 04, 02:51 AM
Ryan J. Paque

robin.gordon1 wrote:
Quote ?????????????????
vanilla 6800 (not GT or ULTRA)128MB on a 3200 system and running at 400/800
gives me a figure of 9653 marks.
compared to 1100 on my old 4200Ti card. when running the demos I noticed
that the CPU test was only showing a few FPS(10-20) instead of the three
digits I get on the graphical version of the tests.

I really hope you meant 11000 on your 4200Ti, as that's just a little
less than what I get with my 4200Ti/AMD 3200+...

I mean, really, software D3D only I get 5700...
Old September 27th 04, 03:39 PM
Spack

"Ryan J. Paque" wrote in message
robin.gordon1 wrote:
Quote ?????????????????
vanilla 6800 (not GT or ULTRA)128MB on a 3200 system and running at

400/800
gives me a figure of 9653 marks.
compared to 1100 on my old 4200Ti card. when running the demos I

noticed
that the CPU test was only showing a few FPS(10-20) instead of the three
digits I get on the graphical version of the tests.

I really hope you meant 11000 on your 4200Ti, as that's just a little
less than what I get with my 4200Ti/AMD 3200+...

I mean, really, software D3D only I get 5700...

Not in 3DMark2003 you won't :P

Dan

Old September 27th 04, 07:09 PM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Irrat8ed ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

Any cpu or ram bottleneck?

depends, What mobo have you got? is the ram running in dual channel mode
if it can. And what speed ram is it?