Doom 3 Single Player Demo out!

Old September 22nd 04, 05:27 PM
Phil

Default Doom 3 Single Player Demo out!

I haven't seen this posted anywhere in this group yet, so I thought I might
as well post a link to it.

Download link:
http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/inde...otes&id=33 60

461.2 MB

Old September 22nd 04, 09:06 PM
PRIVATE1964

I haven't seen this posted anywhere in this group yet, so I thought I might
as well post a link to it.

Download link:

http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/inde...&action=fileno

tes&id=3360

461.2 MB

Thanks.

I tried it already, but was wondering why no one posted it.

Old September 22nd 04, 10:08 PM
@ndrew

http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/inde...d.php&action=f
ileno

tes&id=3360

461.2 MB

Thanks.

I tried it already, but was wondering why no one posted it.

Probably because it is UK only .. no links for the rest of the world o(.

regards

@ndrew
Old September 22nd 04, 11:31 PM
Warty

heh!! The World Wide Web allows you to download it from what ever website
no matter what country your in.

Try www.fileplanet.com

Warty

Old September 23rd 04, 12:04 AM
PRIVATE1964

If you go to the doom2 official website they also have list of download sites.
Old September 23rd 04, 03:32 AM
Glzmo

"Phil" wrote in message
I haven't seen this posted anywhere in this group yet, so I thought I might
as well post a link to it.

Download link:
http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/inde...otes&id=33 60

461.2 MB

Doom 3 is better than I expected, at least the levels in the demo and it
plays great with my X800 Pro at 1280x1024 ultra high settings, 4xFSAA and 8x
Anisotropic filtering.

I've got a sound problem, however. My sound cuts out after a few seconds
whenever I enable surround sound in Doom 3 with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2
with 5.1 speaker system. It is also set up that way in the Windows Audio
properties and the creative speaker settings. Disabling this function works
okay, but there is no positional audio, which is a let down as I heard it
makes the game so much better. I assume this is not ATi related, but has
anybody experienced this nonetheless and is there a fix?

Old September 23rd 04, 08:10 AM
Phil

"Glzmo" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message
[...]

Do you have any EAX features enabled before you run the game?

With my Audigy 2, I have to disable the "Rock" setting on Advanced HQ on the
EAX Control Panel to get EAX2 to work on Battlefield Vietnam. Haven't tried
it on Doom 3, but this may be your problem.

Old September 26th 04, 11:40 PM
Greg I

Glzmo,

Here's a link for you regarding the surround sound problems you're
experiencing in DOOM3:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewto...light=srestart

It looks like a quick way to fix it (until someone decides who's fault it is
and it gets fixed) is to bind a key to the S_restart command.
Whenever your sound goes goofy, just hit the key and it will reset.
I use the Q key as in the example given in the link.
You need to add a binding to your DoomConfig.cfg file in your DOOM3\BASE
directory. Add an entry like this:

bind "q" "S_restart"

Even though I don't have the audio problem you mentioned (I have a Turtle
Beach Santa Cruz card, so maybe it's immune), I still hit the key now and
then just to make sure

Good luck!

-Greg