Best drivers for GF 4800 Ti / XP

Old September 8th 04, 10:59 AM
JonMaC

Default Best drivers for GF 4800 Ti / XP

Hi all, still using 45.23 XP drivers for my Ti4800 (8xAGP, 128Mb RAM).
All is fine so no real reason - seen some recent posts of similar card users
using latest drivers.
Would I notice any benefit ?? Is there a recommended one ??

Group has been useful in past experience of GF3 & 44.09 drivers.

Thanks in advance JonMaC

Old September 8th 04, 02:58 PM
PRIVATE1964

Those drivers are fine. Unless your having specific problems with some games
using them I see no reason to upgrade them.
I like the 44.03's though. Which I use with atuner and Reforce.

Atuner runs in the system tray. It lets you set up each game with it's own
graphic settings and starts the game. The newest drivers also do this, but I
think atuner is easier to use and to setup.
Old September 8th 04, 04:33 PM
Phil

"JonMaC" wrote in message
Hi all, still using 45.23 XP drivers for my Ti4800 (8xAGP, 128Mb RAM).
All is fine so no real reason - seen some recent posts of similar card
users
using latest drivers.
Would I notice any benefit ?? Is there a recommended one ??

Group has been useful in past experience of GF3 & 44.09 drivers.

If it aint broke don't fix it.

Newer drivers usually fix problems with some games, but if you aren't having
any problems, you don't need to upgrade.

Old September 8th 04, 05:05 PM
Tool

I run the newest drivers, I forget exactly which one but its somewhere
after detonator 56 or so that I've had no further problems with
nvidia drivers. So get the newest in my oppinion.

==============
Old September 9th 04, 12:26 AM
Chuck

Hi all, still using 45.23 XP drivers for my Ti4800 (8xAGP, 128Mb RAM).
All is fine so no real reason - seen some recent posts of similar card
users
using latest drivers.
Would I notice any benefit ?? Is there a recommended one ??

Stick with what you have. If everything works fine right now, why mess with
it?

Old September 9th 04, 12:40 AM
PRIVATE1964

I run the newest drivers, I forget exactly which one but its somewhere
after detonator 56 or so that I've had no further problems with
nvidia drivers. So get the newest in my oppinion.

==============
Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware
troubleshooting newsgroups.

If your using a Geforce 4, your video card is probably running slower using the
newest drivers. Unless there is a specific game that you have that needs the
newest drivers to run properly your better off going back to older drivers IMO.
I play a lot of games and have a 4200. I am using the 44.03's and in around the
two years I have used the 44.03's I have not had a single issue with them.

There were a few posts that stated running the newest drivers with Geforce 4
cards will give you better framerate with Doom3 then older drivers. I have not
tested this because I don't have Doom3. I have benchmarked old and new drivers
with my 4200 and have found the older ones give more speed. I have noticed this
also in a few of my games.

I think the best thing to do if you want to be sure is to run a few tests. It's
pretty easy to go back to older drivers with Windows XP. Save a restore point.
Switch drivers, play a few games and run some benchmarks. If you want to go
back you have the restore point. That's how I have old and newer drivers with
my 4200.
Old September 10th 04, 08:47 AM
JonMaC

"JonMaC" wrote in message
Hi all, still using 45.23 XP drivers for my Ti4800 (8xAGP, 128Mb RAM).
All is fine so no real reason - seen some recent posts of similar card

users
using latest drivers.
Would I notice any benefit ?? Is there a recommended one ??

Group has been useful in past experience of GF3 & 44.09 drivers.

Thanks in advance JonMaC

Thanks for advice all - will stay where I am, am having no problems &
everything runs at decent speed 1024x768 - fine for me.
regards JonMaC