Farcry and nvidia 61.77 drivers

Old August 6th 04, 12:40 AM
Snake

Default Farcry and nvidia 61.77 drivers

i have leadtek geforce fx 5900xt moded in to a 5950 ultra. with my old 56.72
drivers farcry work perfect, and i download directx 9.0c and new 61.77
drivers, and now my farcry dont work fine. Its look like i got fog in the
game.

Old August 6th 04, 09:36 AM
Dirk Pajonk

Same specs here, but it's working fine for me.
But my Leadtek 5900xt ain't flashed to an Ultra.
I just can overclock it to 460/920
But the Ultra is working with 475/950.
Have you got problems after flashing?

Old August 6th 04, 04:09 PM
Snake

No, everything works fine and even better when i flashed to 5950 ultra. I
think its problem in drivers because they are not ye whql

Old August 6th 04, 07:58 PM
John Lewis

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 01:40:32 +0200, "Snake"
wrote:

i have leadtek geforce fx 5900xt moded in to a 5950 ultra. with my old 56.72
drivers farcry work perfect, and i download directx 9.0c and new 61.77
drivers, and now my farcry dont work fine. Its look like i got fog in the
game.

Which Far Cry patch do you have installed ?

FC+patch 1.1 on my O/C'd FX5900 475/875 works fine with DX9.0c/61.77

Patch V1.2 has been withdrawn by Crytek.

Maybe you should try again with a clean install of FC and patch 1.1
just to make sure that you have not corrupted anything in your current

installation.

BTW, your problem has nothing to do with WHQL, which is yet another
bit of M$$$$$ BS. A few standard benchmarks, pretty well irrelevant
for gamers.

John Lewis

Old August 7th 04, 09:23 AM
Dirk Pajonk

Have you got extra cooling for your card?
I'll try to flash my card too. Is there any problem to flash it back to an
5900XT?

Set your AGP Apereture Size to 64MB in the bios and try to install your
Nvidia driver again. I think it's an emulatefogtable failure.